Chapter 2 - First Encounter

Tony

"I can't believe your husband assigned this case to my wife!" I clenched my fists.

"You have nothing to worry about." She reassures me.

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Just know that you won't have nothing to worry about. You know she's the best there besides you at my husband's law firm." She answered while she lights up a cigarette.

"I just don't understand this at what so ever!" I continued to pace back and forth.

"How did Alsina even find out about my wife being one of the best there?! He could've used any other lawyer but her." I clasped my hands again.

"I'm not sure, so don't worry about it. He will be gone for remainder of the day. Take some time off and return to the firm tomorrow to begin gathering evidence and interviewing the key witnesses." I took a big breath as she told me.

"Fine. I'm not going to talk to my wife until the trial is over." I grabbed up my bag, but she stopped me before I could leave.

"I made certain you were chosen to take him out permanently. For him, the death penalty or life can be a terrific option. Simply ensure that no one is aware of our agreement." She issues a cautionary warning.

"You know I don't play about my money, and you mentioned I'll be able to run my own law office after this," I added, chuckling. "Madame, I couldn't refuse your offer. I gave you my word."

After that, I headed out and began going towards the elevator. I received a phone call as I entered the elevator. "Hey, I see you chose to call me after all," I said.

"Yeah... I've been meaning to tell you about something. I don't want to talk about it over the phone."

As I stepped inside the elevator, I smirked, "I had a feeling you'd come to your senses. Just say that if you missed me, baby."

"This is important, Tony... I know I said I didn't want to talk to you, but this is extremely important."

I pressed the elevator's first floor button. "Well, fortunately, I'm off for the rest of the day. I won't get started on the case until tomorrow."

"Okay, when and where do you want to meet up?"

"Hmm, we can definitely meet up at the Canoe." I smiled.

"Okay, I'll pay for my own -"

As the elevator doors opened, I laughed, "Now, baby, what kind of gentleman allows such a beautiful woman to pay for her own dinner? If I'm paying, you know how much you mean to me."

"Tony, you really don't have to-"

"I insist, Baby. And tonight, wear my favorite color." I strolled towards the lobby's front doors.

"I'll see you tonight."

As I continued to walk, I grinned, "I'll meet you there in an hour. "I can't wait to see your lovely face and feel your gorgeous figure."

"See you in an hour then, Tony."

Miracle

I was waiting for Mercedes to finish speaking with her client outside the building. I was growing hungry as I looked at my watch. As I walked to my car, I texted her to let her know I was going to get something to eat. I ran into someone the next thing I knew. "Shit!" I exclaimed as my phone fell to the ground.

"Damn, you good?" I heard a voice ask me.