Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Mercedes

My alarm clock went off, and I began to awaken, then sat up to stretch

My alarm clock went off, and I began to awaken, then sat up to stretch. I yawned and looked at the clock, which read late rather than time.

"Shit!" I say aloud. I jumped out of bed and started running to my closet to get the outfit I had planned for today. I dashed to the bathroom and began to remove my pajamas. I brushed my teeth and cleaned up my face after putting on my outfit. I grabbed my mini makeup bag and ran to my bed. I put on my stockings and then my heels.  I dashed out of the house, picking up my briefcase and purse. I got in my car and drove away.

As I sped down the road, I noticed Miracle calling to me. I answered the phone using my car's Bluetooth.

"Girl! Where are you?" Miracle asks.

"I'm on my way. Shit! Last night just threw me all the way off!" I replied while I drove.

"He never came back home?" She asks.

"Of course, not." I sighed.

"Move out of the way, asshole!" I honked my horn and began driving around the car when another side had an open lane.

"Girl, I told you that man was no good for you." She tells me as I begin to slow down for the yellow light.

"Ugh, this morning is already starting off bad." I groaned as I stopped at the red light.

"He'll be back, he always pull something like this." I started to take out my mini makeup bag.

"He does it a little too much for me." She reacts as I proceed to use my brow pen.

"He's just a stubborn man, and when he gets furious like this, I give him time to calm down till he returns home."  I sighed while I moved to the other eyebrow.

"That man screams narcissist, manipulator, and serpent all rolled into one." She scoffed, and I slid the brow pencil back into the bag before reaching for the mascara.

"He's just a strong man." I began to apply mascara to my right eye. When the light turned green, I put down my mascara and resumed driving.

"Tough? More like-" Miracle says before she stops.

"Speaking of the devil." She says and I started to sigh.

"How long has he been there?" I asked.

"Girl, he arrived early, and he appears to be in normal to me." I rolled my eyes as she responded.

"He doesn't look mad at all?" I asked.

"No, he's speaking with the fine group that managed to start here three weeks ago." She says while chewing on gum.

"And he's about to leave out of the building." She adds.

"I guess I'll talk to him when I get there. After Cross kills me for being late." I shook my head. I groaned as another red light appeared.