“What ... what do you mean?”

“Well, unfortunately we have to leave this place before anymore nuisances show up.” Grabbing my arm, tightly, Leaven pulled me up the stairs.

Once we reached the top of the stairs, and entered the room I was staying in, I looked frantically around for Seven or Max. Well, just plain anyone that was going to help me.

“You think someone is going to help you?” Leaven inquired as he stopped in the middle of the hallway.

I knew he could read my panicked eyes that were searching for hope. I was an open book, that much I knew. Gulping, I decided not to reply.

“You can get it out of your pretty little head that someone is going to save you. Help will not be found my dear, a least not anymore.”

Leaven’s words took a heavy toll on me as we walked down the hall some more. I started to feel lifeless and a rag doll as he marched down the hall with a smile planted on his face.

As soon as we walked into the living room I saw Max laying on the floor. He was gasping for air and blood was coating his stomach.

I went to reach out to him but Leaven pulled me back with a hard yank. “No, darling, he is beyond your help.”

I wanted to do nothing more than cry as I had to walked away from Max. My eyes flickered away from him as I couldn’t bear the sight of him dying and me not helping. “You're a cold hearted beast!” I shouted as I stopped my legs and refused to move.

Leaven came to a halt and looked at me over his shoulder. “Glad you finally see that, Anna.” He tried to pull me back and resume his strides, but I refused once more.

Keeping my legs firmly in place, I tried not to succumb to his harsh yanks to continue walking. “I’m not leaving this house! Not with you!” I informed him as I started to get some of my courage back.

Leaven dropped my arm and shook his head. “Anna, Anna, Anna, have you really not learned anything from me?” He questioned before reaching his arm back out for mine.

“Touch her and you will die right here, right now,” an angelic voice sounded from behind Leaven.

Tilting my head a little, I saw Seven standing there, in all of his glory. Looking at him a little bit longer I noticed two things, one he was bleeding from his left shoulder and two, he had a gun in his right hand pointed straight at Leaven’s head.

I thought for sure Leaven would throw his hands in the air to surrender. Yet, instead he did the exact opposite. Quickly moving around, Leaven went behind me. Roping his hand around my waist, he pulled my back to his chest. “Gonna shoot me now Seven. While I am holding the girl you love. The one who is pre-”

“I don’t love her, Leaven. That is where you are wrong. Might have told her that for a few easy bangs, but my dear, dear brother, you know that love ain’t my thing.”

Seven’s words cut me like a dull knife. My eyes dropped down as I felt truth behind every single word he spoke.

Leaven’s grip on me loosened, but didn’t completely break away. “I don’t believe you, not when she is-”

“Stop with the chit chat, Brother, your time is up no matter how much you talk.” A click sounded and it was then that I knew Seven had just cocked the gun. With a close of his left eye, Seven aimed for Leaven.

My mouth opened and the second the gun fired two times, back to back.

My eyes widened as I thought for sure Seven was going to accidentally shot me.

A white powdered filled the air for a second and I felt Leaven’s grip on my waist tighten. For a second I thought that Seven had missed Leaven and I, but all too soon my body fell back as Leaven pulled me down. He grunted as I fell on top of him.

I tried to roll off of Leaven, but he held his arm tightly to my waist. Turning my head I looked at Leaven. His eyes were glossed over and I could tell he was dying.

“Anna, looked at me,” I head Seven yell.

Turning my head, I glanced at Seven. Panic was clouding his eyes. “Annabelle, keep your eyes open!”

I stared at him in confusion, “of course I will keep them open, Doo-fish.” I said and then tried to get up. The second I sat up a piercing pain shot through my right shoulder. “Aaaaaaa!” I gave a loud scream in pain.  

“I am going to move you off Leaven, but you need to stay calm, Anna. I miss aimed on the second shot,” Seven gritted as he picked me up and carried me over to a couch.

I wanted to comment on how people have been telling me to be calm a lot lately, but I didn't. Biting my bottom lip as pain coursed through me, I started to think about how I needed to live. If not for myself, then for the child growing inside of me. “Seven,” I breathed as I relaxed as much as I could.

“Yes,” he said moved my hair out of my face.

“Did you mean it? Did you mean what you said to Leaven?” I questioned.

Seven’s lips parted and he was about to reply but before he could a swarm of black jacketed men, with guns came crashing in. “F.B.I!” One man shouted.

Seven stood up, “a little late, Kinley.”

“Sorry-”

The pain of the gun shot wound ravished my body making my consciousness slip.

<><><><>

OM to the G-G, you guys are amazing, The mixture of reads / votes / comments sent me over the moon today! Thanks you guys! Means a lot that you all take time out of your day and read / vote / comment! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!!