arguments || l.h.

Începe de la început

"don't be such a pretentious bitch, y/n." he rolled his eyes and you were angry that even drunk, he was smarter than you.

"fuck you, leave." you nudged past him, scuffing his shoulder in the process before pulling open the door.

you turned to face a livid luke, and you tried to not panic at the look in his eyes. but it happened too fast for you to even register it.

"leave," you held onto the side of your face, the shock of the impact he'd made, sending you into a state of denial. "you're drunk, leave." your eyes pricked with the slightest of tears.

you grabbed onto luke's forearm and lugged him over to the front door. "you can stay with calum, come home when you're sober."

you pushed him from your apartment, watching him trip over his own feet before you slammed the door.

his immediate soft knocking on the door almost made you loose it but instead you sat yourself against the back of the door and just sat still.

you rested your chin in between your knees that you'd pulled up to your chest when you began being pushed out the way. looking up you noticed luke staring down at you with the spare key in hand, his eyes still predominantly red.

"i don't wanna talk," you mumbled, sniffling because even though you might cry, you didn't really want to.

"then we won't." he took a shaky breath and leaned himself back against the door, sitting next to you.

he grazed his fingers over your hand and you almost smiled and forgot about what happened only minutes before. but it quickly all flushed back and you pulled your hand away.

"this isn't about me getting drunk, is it?" luke mumbled softly, keeping his voice low as he tried and gently touch on the subject.

you shrugged, still not wanting to talk to him.

"i'm sorry for hitting you, i lost it for a split second, i really didn't mean for any of this to happen." you felt his shoulder against your own and just let him close the distance he so badly wanted to get rid of.

you both sat quietly for a minute before luke spoke again. "i found your test, i know you're like– you know," you titled your head to your left, looking over at luke who looked so tired. though you were pretty sure you looked worse because you felt your own eyes redden and soon enough you lost it a little. "hey, don't cry, its a good thing..."

"no its not," you finally choked out. "i'm having a baby with you." you cried softer when you actually thought about the whole thing in depth.

luke didn't speak for a while and you didn't feel the need to push him to.

"i got scared and i got drunk, i know it was a dumb way of showing it but i just didn't want to screw up as a... dad," you cringed at his choice in words.

"you're not a dad, you just knocked me up."

"y/n." luke warned, obviously fed up that he was the only one making an effort at this point. "you can't just not try."

your eyes burned from crying so much, but you were okay with it. "i did try. you are the one that went out and got drunk and not to mention, hit me the second you got the slightest bit worked up."

"i don't want to raise a child around someone like that, let alone make them call them dad."

"it was a mistake, i told you, i'm just scared, i lost it." luke tried reasoning but you just shook your head.

you felt bad because he was trying but it still hurt to know that the first thing on his mind when he found out he would be a dad, was to try and forget it. "i don't care, honestly, you'd leave right now if i weren't carrying your kid." you just shrugged when his arm wrapped around your shoulders, ignoring how he pulled you into him.

"its occurring to me that i never really let you know that i do love you," he muttered, his lips pressed against the top of your head. "whether you're pregnant or not, i do love you. and i'd do anything for you."

you tilted your head back, looking up at the hazed boy who probably just felt more sick that he did drunk now.

"that means, no more drinking, no more fighting. just us and this little guy." you briefly smiled because he made the idea of him being a dad a nice thought.

"i like the sound of that." you whispered and luke finally released a small smile.

"i really am happy this happened, i just needed this all out of my system and now that it is, i'm happy i'm doing this with you." your smile grew slowly and luke reflected your emotions.

"me too." you mumbled softly, nuzzling closely into his chest. "i love you too, just saying."

*~*~*

i didn't read this over + i have written anything in a while so its a double apology
i have a headache