Bad Reputations || c.h.

Part 2

You walked through the hallways, avoiding the stares and whispers and pointing of fingers. After Calum's party, rumours had spread that the two of you hooked up, and obviously, you and Calum knew that wasn't true, like at all. You did fall asleep and so did he, but that was it. The next morning you woke up in an empty bed so you left a missing Calum to clean up the mess before his family got home.

But apparently, the whole carrying-you-up-to-his-bedroom-and-not-coming-back-out-for-the-rest-of-night scene, was enough to convince people you two hooked up. And of course people talked, and now everyone in the school was talking about this god awful scandal. You weren't unpopular to say, but Calum was what you'd call, popular. And the two of you weren't at all in the same social circle which you guessed was what got people talking about it.

Truthfully, you hadn't spoken or seen Calum since friday night. He didn't bother texting you or trying to call you, or even speak to you at school.

You felt offended but you came to your senses, because nothing actually happened between the two of you so there was nothing to talk about.

"So was he good?" You snapped out of your thoughts, seeing your small circle of friends now occupying the empty seats at your usual lunch table, all of them eager for answers.

"I wouldn't know," You shrugged, the smile on your face not backing up your story at all, but you couldn't help it, you found it kind of funny how everyone- even your closest friends- were so worked up about nothing.

"Oh yeah, right." You elbowed your friend sitting beside you and released a laugh, talking a bite into your apple to try and disguise your smile.

"Seriously, we're just friends. I slept over, but we didn't like, have sex or anything."

"Yeah okay, but you slept in the same bed? Without anything happening?" You shrugged, your smile slowly diminishing the more you talked about this.

"He's Calum Hood, he's known for having the worst reputation with girls. Not once has he just, slept with a girl without something happening." Your smile had began to fade altogether now as you really thought about it.

You released a nervous laugh, trying to play off the tension building in the conversation. "We've been friends for a long time, he just doesn't see me like that, I guess."

"Okay, I guess that's sort of true, but you're not ugly, Y/N." A quiet hum came from around the table and you rolled your eyes.

"Can we just not talk about this please, I've been hassled enough today." You immediately shut the table up and everyone returned to their food.

You quietly shuffled your food around your plate, no longer feeling hungry. You quickly glanced up from your plate to see Calum across the room, a grin plastered on his face as he seemingly laughed and joked within his table of friends. You didn't understand how you were the only one being questioned here and not him, he seemed fine.

"You're such a slut!" You snapped out of your gazed fixated on Calum and looked up to see your ex-boyfriend staring down at you. You furrowed your eyebrows, annoyed that seemingly everyone's eyes were now focused on you. He was always one for attention.

"Excuse me?" You scoffed, disgusted that he even had the nerve to come up to you after everything and call you something like that.

"I said, you're a slut." He repeated, spitting his words at you, his fists balled up at his sides. You could feel the tension rising, practically everyone in the canteen was staring at the two of you.

You got up from your chair and pushed him back, trying to get him out of the canteen so the two of you could talk in private. "Can we go somewhere else please?" You muttered, trying to keep your voice down but there was no denying that everyone was listening.

He laughed in your face and pushed your hands off from him. "No we can't go somewhere else. God, you're a bitch! You know that right?" You stared at him in disgust, your anger quickly bubbling up inside of you.

You took a deep breath, trying to contain yourself before rolling your eyes. You snorted and released a short laugh. "Whatever, asshole." You turned away from him, walking back over to your table and grabbing your backpack.

You ignored the staring of eyes and the mumbled "hey are you okay?"'s from your friends as you walked away. You glanced over your shoulder to where Calum was sat. Even from this distance you could see the furrowing of his eyebrows as he watched you leave. You then averted your gaze to your ex, to see him already staring at you. He furrowed his eyebrows together for completely different reasons and when he followed your previous gaze to see Calum, he choked on his laughter.

You stopped walking and turned around when you saw him direct his full attention towards Calum, who was sitting almost innocently, as if this wasn't his fault as well.

"Speak of the fucking devil!" He raised his voice and everyone in the canteen sat with wide eyes and disbelief to what was actually going on. He swung himself back and quickly closed himself in on you. "I broke up with you literally a couple days ago and on the same day you're already hooking up with him?"

Before you could contain your anger you found yourself blowing up all at once. "You're the one that broke up with me, after cheating on me for months! And now you have the balls to call me out in front of the entire school for something that is no bigger than complete bullshit!" You took a deep breath, a couple people letting out nervous laughter after one kid let out a rather louder-than-intended deflated whistle.

You saw a look of anxiety rush through him, his face dripping pale as all eyes turned onto him.

"Asshole, you're an asshole and now everyone knows it." You felt a tugging on your arm from one of your friends and you quickly noticed that you were pretty much up in his face. As you walked away with your small group of friends around you, whispering sympathetic congrats and queries, you heard hollering from behind you but not at you. You glanced over your shoulder and saw Calum out of his seat and now standing up in your exes face, taking your previous spot.

You wriggled out of your friends grasps and over to the two of them, but before you could grab onto Calum he'd already swung his fist. Your eyes widened, watching as a couple of Calum's friends ran over quickly and pulled at his arms trying to drag him away from the scene.

"What the fuck, Calum?" You shouted, glancing between the two of them. Calum's angered stare immediately softening when he looked up at you.

You watched as a couple teachers finally came in through the cafeteria doors, gasping and muttering at the situation as your ex was still on the floor holding onto his, now bloodied, nose.

You stared at Calum in disgust and walked away from the two of them, pushing past your friends and escaping the canteen before anything else happened in front of you.

*~*~*

well shit, that took a turn for the worst

i already mentioned the reason for so many Calum imagines lol i'm sorry.

in any other situation i'd probably leave this and leave y'all forever angry for not making a part 3 but this side of calum hits me v hard and i need to know what's gonna happen too lol

please listen to the album Spreading Rumours by Grouplove - especially, Shark Attack, Raspberry & Save The Party !!!!!!! - I've had it on repeat for dayssssss bro days, pls I'm in love

thnx for reading fluffs ily. don't forget to vote yo