*56*

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's me," I said into the phone.

"Hi, you okay?" Joe asked.

"Um, yeah, I just didn't see you at all yesterday, or the day before, and I was wondering if you were okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just working out a lot of stuff with YouTube. I've been really busy," Joe mumbled, he sounded as if I had just woken him up.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked quietly.

"Um, yeah, but it's okay, I fell asleep editing."

"Okay, sorry. Are we okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm just busy. I'll call you tomorrow, yeah?" Joe said.

I looked at the clock and noticed it was late in the evening anyway, so I agreed and hung up the phone with him. I took a shower before cuddling up in bed and going on my laptop. I went on Twitter and YouTube and watched some random videos and scrolled through Twitter.

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in the morning with my headphones still in and my laptop pushed to the side of my bed.

I checked my phone to see if Joe had called me, but there was nothing.

I got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and changed into some jeans and a big jumper. I slid on my wellies and grabbed my bag before heading out.

I got in the car and drove to the nearest shop to get groceries. I picked up whatever I needed to fill up the refrigerator and cupboards.

As I was checking out, my phone rang in my pocket.

"Hey," I smiled into the phone.

"Hi Minxie, how are you?" Joe asked.

"Alright, I'm buying my groceries right now," I said as I handed the cashier the money and nodded to thank him.

"Do you want me to call you later?" Joe asked.

"No, I just paid. It's all good, just give me one second," I said.

I picked up the bags and then put the phone back to my ear as I walked to the car.

"Okay, sorry," I apologized.

"Don't worry about it."

"So how's your work going?" I asked as I got in the car.

"It's really busy. I've had a lot of editing to do and meetings."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah, um. Minxie?"

"Mhm?"

"Um, I don't mean this as it sounds. But for the next few days, maybe week, I really need to focus on working and YouTube," Joe mumbled.

"So, you don't want me to bother you?"

"Well, I didn't want it to be that harsh. But, um, yeah," Joe said quietly.

"Oh."

"It's just a short break. Don't worry, I just need to focus for a short time so I can plan everything out. There's always one week a year where I just work, work, work, so I can plan as much as I need too."

"A break? Does that mean a break in our relationship? Like, the engagement and everything too?"

"Oh God! No! F.uck, no," Joe said a bit louder, "I just need to concentrate on this right now. We're not calling off the engagement or anything. F.uck."

"Okay, well when you've finished, just let me know," I mumbled.

"Um, okay. I-I love you," Joe mumbled quietly.

"Okay," I managed to stutter before hanging up.

I also managed to hold in the tears as I drove home. My throat burned and felt as if it was closing in on itself as I tried not to cry.

"F.uck!" I yelled as I turned off the car and sat there for a minute before unloading the groceries.

I carried everything inside and quickly put it away before calling my mum.

"Hello Minx! How are you?" She greeted cheerfully.

"Mum, can you come over?" I asked quietly.

"Honey, are you okay?!"

"Um, yeah. I just want you here."

"Okay, I'm leaving now. See you soon," My mum said before hanging up.

I changed into some comfortable sweat pants and put my hair in a messy top knot.

About fifteen minutes later, my mum arrived and when she came in she gave me a big hug.

"Aw honey, don't cry. What's happened?"

"Mum," I muttered, just hugging her.

"Come sit down. Don't cry, whatever has happened will be fine, trust me," My mum soothed as she closed the door and sat with me on the sofa.

"Joe wants to take a break," I cried.

"Pardon? Like call off the engagement?"

"No, but he wants to take a short break."

"Well, he must have a good reason. Minx, he loves you so much, there has to be a reason."

"He said he really needs to focus on YouTube right now, he said for like a week, but I'm scared it will turn into longer than a week, or that I've done something wrong."

"Oh honey! Don't worry! Give him some space for now and relax. If he says he needs to focus on work, then trust him."

"I do trust him, but I'm scared of taking a break. I don't know. I think I'm also just embarrassed on how much I have been depending on him that him being gone for a week is hard for me."

"Minx, darling. You've always been such an independent girl. It's good that you and Joe have been depending on each other, but you need to remember how to depend on yourself as well. I think it's good that you two take a break for a week. It will makes things better between you two when it gets back to normal. I'm sure Joe still feels the same about you, so don't overthink this whole situation. I promise it will be okay."

"O-okay," I nodded, wiping my eyes dry.

"Just relax and take it all very easy. You will be just fine. It's just a week anyway!"

"I know," I said, lightly smiling.

"Come on. Go clean your face and I'll make us some dinner. But no more tears, Minx," My mum said.

I nodded and went to go clean my face before joining my mum in my kitchen as she rummaged through everything and started making us some dinner.

"How's James?" I asked.

"Great, he's actually away for a business conference this weekend, but he'll be home the day after next."

"Cool, where did he go?"

"Glasgow."

My mum and I chatted a bit more. We talked a bit about Los Angeles, but not much. She made us dinner and we ate together.

"Do you want to come over to sleep tonight?" My mum asked.

"Um, no, I'll be fine," I nodded.

"Alright honey, well you know where I am. I love you, and no more crying. Promise?"

"Um, yeah, okay," I nodded.

"Minxie, you'll be fine. Trust me."

"I know. I love you Mum. Thank you for coming around."

"Anything for you, darling," My mum smiled as she got up to leave.

As my mum left, I cleaned up the kitchen and went to check my phone. I silently hoped Joe had texted or called me, but of course, he hadn't. However, I didn't let it get to me, instead, I turned my phone off and went to put on a film in the livingroom.

°

a/n: hi! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know in the comments please! I love you all so so so much*!*! X.

twitter: joesugg9012