*7*

The next morning I woke up and the laptop was closed and put on my bedside table. Joe laid on the opposite side of the bed, almost falling off and was still asleep.

I got my phone and saw I had two new messages. All from my dad.

"Sorry for last night."

"Minx, it wasn't as bad as it looked, sorry."

I closed the messages, mentally deciding to call him later to make sure he's okay.

"Good morning," Joe groaned as he stretched.

"Morning," I said quietly.

Joe put his arm around me and pulled me towards him, so we were spooning.

"Have you talked to your dad?" Joe said quietly.

"No, he texted me, but..." I shrugged.

"It's okay," Joe soothed.

"I just don't need to worry about it right now," I confessed.

"I understand," Joe said leaning his head against my back.

Joe got up and went to brush his teeth. I hesistantly followed, wanting to really just stay in bed. I then went downstairs and made Joe and I a big breakfast.

"Smells delicious," Joe smiled as he came downstairs, dressed.

"Thank you," I smiled, placing the sausages on the plate.

We sat down and ate together at the kitchen counter. I looked outside and saw it looked very warm and sunny.

"We should go for a morning swim!" I suggested after we finished eating.

"I don't have swim shorts," Joe said.

"I can see if James has any? They may be a bit big?" I suggested, "Or you can go in your underwear!" I teased.

I ran upstairs seeing if James left any of his swim shorts here. There were a pair, and they had a drawstring so Joe could make them fit.

"Here!" I said throwing the shorts at Joe.

"Thanks," Joe smiled.

He went into the bathroom and changed and I went upstairs and changed into a bikini. After grabbing two towels, I went downstairs to the pool. Joe was outside, feeling the water.

"It feels good," Joe smiled.

I put down the towels and slowly got in the water.

Joe and I had fully gotten in the water and relaxed, or splashed each other.

"Minxie!" Joe laughed as I splashed him, splashing me back.

"Joe!" I mocked.

"Hey, that's mean," Joe playfully pouted.

"I'm sorry," I smiled, swimming towards Joe.

"It's okay... I guess," Joe smiled.

I smiled and Joe pulled me into a hug. Holding eye contact, Joe smiled and then glanced at my lips, a way of asking if he could kiss me. I bit my lip and slightly nodded. Joe leaned forward and ever-so-gently kissed me. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped my legs around him.

Joe soon broke the kiss and just held me.

"Are you okay with this?" Joe laughed lightly.

I nodded my head, smiling and leaning in to kiss him again. This time was a deeper kiss.

"I think I like this," Joe smirked.

"Me too," I grinned.

°

"Minx!" Zoe smiled cheerfully as Joe and I got to her and Alfie's apartment.

Zoe had invited us over to hang out and watch a movie and eat.

"Hello Zoe!" I smiled, "How are you two?"

"Great! Come in!" Zoe smiled.

We walked in and Joe grabbed my hand, holding it.

"Thanks for having us, Zo," Joe said.

Alfie joined us and we settled on the sofa and talked for a while.

"So now are you two together?" Zoe asked, laughing a little.

"I don't know," Joe laughed awkwardly.

I shrugged and we clarified that we weren't really each other's boyfriend and girlfriend just yet.

"Okay?" Zoe laughed.

"We just haven't like actually sat down and discussed anything serious between us," Joe said.

"That's fine," Alfie piped in, "It can be good to take things slow.

We talked a bit more about Joe amd I's relationship status before the topic changed to past boyfriends and girlfriends.

"Remember when you dated Sophia?" Zoe laughed, asking Joe.

"Zoe!" Joe snipped jokingly.

"She was a weird one, just wanted a good night," Zoe laughed even harder.

"Zoe!" Joe said again.

"Sorry, sorry!" Zoe said, still laughing.

Joe put his arm around me. He seemed a little frustrated by Zoe bringing up that Sophia girl.

"You okay?" I asked quietly as Zoe and Alfie cleaned up and left the room.

"Yeah, I just don't like her teasing me about Sophia, maybe I'll tell you later," Joe said quietly.

I leaned up and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want me to sleep over again?" Joe asked.

I nodded my head.

"Sounds good," Joe nodded.

After Zoe and Alfie finished whatever they were doing, we put on a scary movie and watched the whole thing. Once it had finished and everyone was a bit spooked out, Joe and I decided to leave and head back to the house.

"Sorry about earlier when I got frustrated," Joe apologized.

"Don't be!" I said, "It's fine."

"Zoe just makes fun of me because everyone in the town knew we had slept together and it was somehow public news in a way. That was when I lived in Bath," Joe said, "It was horribly embarrassing."

"I'm sorry," I giggled slightly.

We got back to the house and we both decided to go straight up to my room and watch a bit of Netflix before falling asleep. Tonight Joe actually wrapped his arm around me before falling asleep.

I don't know how I feel about this all. Don't get me wrong, I definitely have feelings for Joe and I think he does for me too. But I don't know if I'm ready to be in a committed relationship. I like what we have now, where we are still affectionate a bit, but we're still getting to know each other.

I eventually let sleep take over me and fell asleep with Joe's arms around me.

°

a/n: thanks for reading and sorry for the long update! I have been busy with work and what not!! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Definitely be updating again soon. X.