Chapter 41

Karen slaps me on the shoulder. "That was great Sang!" She pauses for a moment, thoughtful. "Oh heck, it was more than great! It was beautiful!"

I blush at the complement but smiled gratefully at her. "Let's not forget our awesome drummer."

She grins at me before heading over to Wil to congratulate him also. I spot Uncle heading towards me and strode over so he didn't have to walk much.

He clears his throat before addressing me formally. "Miss, it would be such an honor for me to have you continue to sing at my Diner."

I grinned internally but kept y eternal facade serious. I gave him a long curtsy and told him in a professional tone, "It would be such and honor to sing at your Diner as well for me."

Uncle chuckled and walked away, leaving me to look and inspect the happy and overjoyed faces of the Diner.

I wished I would look that happy someday.

"Sang!" Karen called and I turned. I then realized her mistake. By the look of her face, she did too.

I turned back around, trying to pretend I didn't hear. But someone heard.

And they were glaring at me with such hatred that I recognised.

Marie.

What was she doing here? Oh nevermind, she's probably with her friends.

She'll tell Mother. I suck in a breath. Please no. Make a negotiation.

I took a deep breath and made way over to her.

"What's up, bitch?" Marie was in a good mood. "Wait till I tell Mom!"

I gulped. "Please don't Marie."

"Or what? You gonna stop me slut?"

I sighed, I hated it when we weren't close as fairytale sisters were. "Please Marie, I'll...I'll do anything."

She smirks. Not a good sign. "I might have something in mind."

"Anything."

"Let's see," she drew the word out. "I want you to...get out of my life."

I was confused, it shone on my face as I answered. "But...I already am."

She face grew ashen, "No your not you little twit. Get it of my house!"

I blinked. What was she talking about? I shook my head mentally trying to ake sense of this mess.

She...she wants me to move?

"No?" Marie smirks down at me. She was half a head taller than me. "No problem I'll just tell Mom! You'll get it much, much, MUCH worse!" She grinned wickedly at me, flashing crooked and slightly yellow teeth at me.

I shrinks back but didn't say anything. I didn't understand what was going on. It was safer to keep y mouth shut for this one.

I glanced back at Karen and Wil who's arms were around the other's waist. A tiny smile crept up and into my face.

I strode to them, ignoring Marie grumbling behind me.

"Sorry," Karen whispers to me and I nod. The damage was already done. Even if I didn't know what the damage was.

Wil looks over curiosily but I shake my head silently telling him that it was nothing. But oh, it was something.

I glanced at the clocked and jumped.

It was eight already?!

"I have to go." At Karen's nod, I ducked under her arm and exited down the stairs of the stage.