Chapter 16

Lunch.

I squeal, excited to meet Wil. Maybe we could share knowledge!

I skip outside to the courtyard. I see a group of boys all hanging out together at the edge of the courtyard.

With a shock I realize two things. One: They're the boys I had met today. Two: They're the boys who were at the pool party.

With my eyes wide, I sucked in a deep breath and marched my way across the courtyard to the other side to meet Wil.

I plop down next to him and smile. He smiles back.

"Hey Wil," I chrip.

"Hi," He says almost shyly.

"So...how's life?"

❤❤❤

Wil and I had shared knowledge. He had taught me about electronics and the basis of hacking and promised me he would get more complex books tomorrow and read them with me.

Now, it's time for PE.

Physical Education.

It's not that bad actually, but the uniforms were too big for me and that was a problem.

I took out some scissors from my bag. I hummed under my breath as I made adjustments to my PE uniform. A girl with brown hair and twinkling brown eyes beside me was having trouble too.

I made an estimate of what her measurment where in my head.

"Here, let me help you with that," I tell her, taking the uniform from her. "I'm Sang."

She just stares down at me. She was really tall. "Karen. Are you sure you can make adjustments?" She asked suspisiously.

I laughed lightly, I've been making adjustment to clothing for three years. O fcourse I could do this!

Brandishing some string and needle from my bag, I starting sticting up both of our uniforms to correct size.

We walk out the locker room door very comfortable in our PE uniforms.

People stared at us but we ignored them. Karen was now my nes Bestie.

We sat on the girls side and I waved to Gabriel and Nathan, we were in the same class, just different gender so we had to be seperated.

Karen and I spoke about normal topics like 'what do you in your free time?' or 'Do you like any sports? Do you plan to try out for one of the sports? What do you do outside of school? What's your favorite color?'

"Alright class!" Ms. French claps her hands together to get everyones attention.

"Since this is the first day of school and I want to feel humanly, I've decided to let you girls play a hard game of basket ball."

I gulp, I haven't practiced this sport yet.

I raise my hand. "I've never played basketball, can you tell me the rules and how to play?"

She had an amused look in her eyes. "Sure..." She drew out the word, "Rocky!" She barked, "Teach her how to play!"

A guy with brown hair and chiseled features stood up. He stalked towards me in confidence. This seemed like a 'jock' as I've read in my books and research done on high schools. Yes, I'm such a 'nerd' that I have to do research on high schools.

This was the kind of guy that Mother had warned me and lectured me about.

I braced my mental walls higher and thicker, closing off to the world double time.

"Hey," He said, his voice deep. It sounded like he was puposely doing this.

"Hi." I say not unkindly but neither welcome.

His gaze traveled down and I got irratated. I needed to look him in the eye to know what he wanted.

"Hey," I snapped. "When spoken to, it's rude not to look someone in the eye."

I could hear laughter behind us I was afraid that I'd said something wrong. That they were laughing at me.

Something sparked inside me though. It said, enough like I care what they think.

I smile slightly and Rocky's eyes finally met mine. He smirked and I tensed for an attack or bully.

Before he could say or do anything I say inoccently, "I thought you were supposed to teach me basketball."

He then went through the rules using his hands to flap around. I think he thought that his hands flapping around my face would help me understand better.

Nope. But I still understood the rules.

"Come here," He said motioning to him.

I raised an eyebrow, like I was gonna fall into that trap and let him kill or attack me?

"Rocky's girl should come when summoned." He said a bit angerly.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Who was he talking about? Was he talking to himself? Was he calling himself 'Rocky' in third perspective? All I knew was that I was not Rocky's girl. Whoever that was.

"Good thing I'm not Rocky's girl." I told him confusedly.

"What?" He blanched.

I cleared my throat, he probably hadn't heard me or understood me. "Since 'Rocky's girl' comes whenever you want her too, I'm not 'Rocky's girl' because I don't come when summoned by you." I state my voice loud and clear.

He just stared as laughter in the background rose.