Chapter 9

I wake up refreshed.

First day of school, I think as nerves settle in.

Last night I had been up until midnight playing all the instruments at the Diner. When I left, I locked the back door with my clip.

I yawn stretching my arms over my head.

I shower in the bathroom and shave my legs. Once I got out, I looked in my closet.

I don't want to stand out but I also want to look nice for my first day of school so I choose a pale pink blouse and a flowing flowery skirt that went to my knees. I button my blouse all the way to the last button at my neck. I button that too and tuck my blouse into my skirt. I put on my only pair of flats

I grabbed my homemade book bag and was out the door in seconds. When I was still a Foster kid, my family had done evrything to ensure my happiness. They bought me anything I wanted. Even a sewing machine with all kinds of clothes and string.

I pulled my hair in a bun, thinking. I needed new clothes...that meant I could sew new clothes for myself!

I was grinning like a maniac when I stepped on the bus.

My grin faded when I couldn't see a seat open.

I looked a little bit harder and spotted a kid at the back of the bus in a seat all by himself.

I sat down at that seat and looked around for Marie. She was wearing jeans and a T-shirt at the front of the bus. She was sitting with a girl that had brown hair. That's all I could see because I was only seeing the backs of their heads.

I turn and find the kid staring at me. I realized he wasn't a kid, he was a guy and was nerdy. That was fine with me because Marie had said the same thing about me. I was nerdy also.

He had big glasses and brown eyes that stared into mine.

"I'm Sang," I said softley holding out my hand.

He hesitantly shook it and answered, "I'm Wil."

I grinned and he looked dazed for a few minutes and I had to wave and snap to get his attention. When he realized he was staring, he blushed a deep red. I giggled and he blushed a deeper red than the one before.

I wondered if we had any classes together. "I'm a sophmore," I tell him.

"Senior," He answers still quite a bit of red on his cheeks.

My face fell, we didn't have any classes together. Suddenly my face brightened with an idea. "Let hang out at lunch...unless you have somewhere to be?" I frown at him.

He shakes his head. "Nope, lets meet at the courtyard?" He states it like a question.

I nod my head eagerly and sit in comfortable silence until the bus ride is over.

Wil and I go our seperate ways in the halls.

We say goodbye to each other and promise the other that they would meet them at Lunch.

I sighed, happy I made a new friend.