Chapter 19

I take a deep breath.

Why would she do this? I barely even know her! I pause and think for a minute. Maybe I've been rude to her. Yes! It's my fault, I must make her like me somehow.

I glance at the heap of clothes on the floor. I sigh and start sorting through it.

In minutes, I have it all organised on my bed.

An idea struck and I grin like a fool. I should remember to thank Danielle sometime.

I dug my notebook out of my homemade backpack and my sewing machine and kit from the attic door.

You probably know what I'm planning by now.

I open my notebook to one of my designs, I glance at my bed.

There were five too big t-shirts and three too big pants and shorts. There was a leather jacket and a ton of differing colors of undershirts.

I set up my machine and open my kit.

And I start.

Taking a white undershirt, I cut it in half. I resulted with white short shorts, and a white tank top that hand flaps and frills and buttons on it so it would look somewhat stylish.

I cut up a pair of dark brown and white pants. I sewed them so when together, I made a teired skirt that had dark brown and white strips.

I sewed and adjusted the leather jacket to my size and used the left over leather to make boots using pieces of extra polished wood tiles in the attic to make the heels and bottom.

I made blouses and T-shirts out of the boy clothes. I also made pants, shorts, and lots of different kinds of skirts.

I smile as I hang all of my new made clothes in my closet. I really should thank Danielle.

I glance at my clock and did a double take. It's been about three hours, is Danielle still here?

I stay silent and listen hard. There were murmurings from downstairs indicating the guest was still there. Suddenly, the murmuring stopped and two pairs of footsteps thundered up the stairs.

I turned up my stereo slightly so Marie and Danielle would hear. Like expected, they stopped at my my door. But the unexpected thing was that they started giggling. Why were they giggling?

I shook my head in frustration and took out my textbooks and started studying ahead just for something to do seeing as it was too late to visit the diner.

When I was feeling droopy, I put my textbooks away and pulled my bed covers over my head and fell asleep.

❤❤❤

I woke up in a sweat and in tears, my nightmare's details pulling away until I couldn't remember a single thing.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was around five.

I got up and did the laundry, also adding the clothes I'd made in the batch. I made breakfast till it was done. I gently hung them back in my closet so they would dry faster.

After a few chores around the house, I went upstairs to see it was seven.

I looked in my closet and picked out the clothes that were dry. I eventually chose a white frilly tank top and the brown and white teired skirt for the day.

I put them on with my flats. Looking in the mirror, I thought I lokked okayish.

I smiled, thinking of the day ahead.

I got to eat lunch with Wil and got PE with Karen.

There were kindred spirits all around.