Before the move (July 2010)

Venus POV

I was watching Degrassi The Boiling Point and enjoying these episodes and new cast. I was in my room watching TV I before I moved to New York with my dad and mom along with my girly sister Kassidy. My goal was Drama Club and Football I know they wouldn't let girls play and I didn't care. I was starting Iona Prep they finally let girls come and I wanted to be on the boys team my sex doesn't matter. Even through Degrassi is a fictional show but Jane did the football team and she killed it. At the dinner table I was eating my meat as usual.

"Mom can you atlease talk to the principal about me joining the football team? I am so ready for a new life in NY" I asked.

"Venus you are a girl?" she respond.

"Oh really I haven't notice?" I asked.

"Ma I told you see was strange went from Pokemon card, wrestling and now sports. Tomboy are strange mama" Kassidy told my mom Melissa.

"I have girly traits too Kassidy shut up!" I told her.

"Venus is strong she could handle sports and stuff she is my daughter" my dad told my mom.

"See!" I said.

"Joseph Venus is 15 and she could seriously get hurt... I want her to grow out this tomboy thing." Melissa said.

"Have you noticed I can't it apart of being a lesbian" I laughed.

"That shit ain't funny... I should slap your ass for saying that." Melissa yelled.

"Melissa she should be herself not this glamgirl" Joseph told Melissa.

"Thanks dad atlease someone has my back" I said.

(After dinner)

I was in my bedroom looking at pictures of me holding a basketball. I loved sports girls wouldn't talk to me because I would mention sports I love Kobe, Lebron and all. I am motivated by my dad and myself I need to do all I can do in New York.

"Venus" Melisaa came barging in my room.

"Huh?' I asked.

"I don't want you to get hurt okay" she said.

"I'll be hurt by not following my dreams mama" I told her.