Lucifer Imagine: Making Deals With Lucifer #2

TRIGGERS: Abusive Relationship

skylarsjournal.tumblr.com

Ambrosia*:The drink Greek Gods consume to stay immortal. I like to think of it as the equivalent to alcohol for Luci.

***

It's been five years since Luci and I made the deal for me to be his second-in-command. Since then, everything's been perfect. Imperfectly perfect; we had our normal fights here and there but overall we had a healthy relationship. Like all couples, Luci and I went through a rough patch. It was the worst year for the both of us.

It started when he came home one day, drunk on Ambrosia* and started hitting me. He started by saying how much of a flithy human I was and how he hated humans, caling us abominations. His hurtful words brought on waterworks but I had to ignore my feelings and helped Luci get into bed without hurting himself. I knew he didn't mean those words and it was the ambrosia talking not him. I tried to balance his weight on my side but the moment I reached out to help him, he flinched away from me.

"Don't touch me, bitch." he yelled at me and for the first time, I was afraid of Luci. I suppressed the fear and reached out to him once more,

"Luci...you're drunk, let's get you to bed." I say gently and guiding him to our room. We got to the room and when I let him go, he slapped me. I stood there, shell-shocked. I didn't know what to do. I raised my hand upto my stinging cheek. The tears were now falling freely down my face. He looked at me with disgust before passing out onto the floor. Brushing my tears aside, I pulled him up from the floor and laid him down gently on his bed. I tucked him in and placed a light kiss on his forehead.

"No matter what I'll always love you. Goodnight Luci." I whispered and headed for my old bedroom. As I laid on my old bed, I knew something was bothering Luci which caused him to act the way he did. I fell asleep crying to myself that night. I knew I had to be strong for the both of us which is why I endured what I had to for the next few months to come.

The next day, Luci disappeared the entire day and when he came back, it was repeat of the previous day with much more insults that took painful jabs to my entire being and he almost strangled me to death. I managed to get some if the demons to help me pry him away from me. After they did, he almost immediately collasped. Just like the night before I hauled him back to bed but this time I stayed with him. He needed all the moral support he could get. I held him tight that night so that I could be with him in morning to talk about what was bothering him. My plan went smoothly and my Luci was back with me by morning.

We were sitting in my favourite diner eating breakfast as always when I decided to pop the question,

"Luci...is everything alright?" I asked in my usual soft and meek voice. I put my hand over his to reassure him that he could tell me anything.

"Of course they are, [Y/N]. What's wrong?" He didn't remember...

No surprise. Ambrosia consumed by beings other than Greek Gods, acts as a form for alcohol for immortal beings like Luci. Stronger than alcohol and wipes memories to the point, its like the day before never happened. Luci doesn't remember hitting me. I covered up my bruises more consciously and shook my head lightly.

"Just worried about you, that's all." I smiled up at him, ending the subject.

He gave me his usual half smirk before pulling me close and kissing my temple affectionately. That was my Luci right there, I made sure to hold on real close so that I wouldn't lose him again.

***

Luci stayed cleaned for about three months until my birthday rolled around. I woke up only to find the bed half empty. I looked around everywhere. I even sent out a search party of demons looking for him. Finally one of them found him wandering around my old apartment. They brought him back and then moment he saw me, he was livid.

Without a word, he flung me across Hell. I hit every corner of Hell. When the demons tried to stop him, he smite them all. He kept on flinging me around for what felt like hours. Finally after he was done with me, he left me on the floor covered in bruises, gashes and black eyes. He walked away without a word.

I felt a burst of anger. He did not get to do this to me on my special day. I was supposed to spend it with my special boyfriend, not this monster he had become. I ran after him, yelling.

"HEY ASSHAT!" he turned his head me. He growled at me raising a hand. I caught it just in time and twisted his arm around.

"No, Lucifer. You listen to me for once. The first week you came back and started abusing me, I took it because I love you and I wanted to get through it together. Then you were clean for solid three months and now on my special day, you shit all over it. Are you happy now? Are you happy that you managed to ruined and push away the one person who actually cares about you? Well I hope the fucking Ambrosia was worth it because we are done, Lucifer. We are so done." I say angry at first, then slowly succumbing to tears. I let him go and walk out on him. He gripped my hand desperately,

"[Y/N], don't leave...I need you..." he seemed to have sobered up but I couldn't trust him. I sighed sadly,

"No, Luci. I need to know that you're always going to be there to catch me when I fall. You fell, I helped you up but in return you hurt me, physically and you damanged me emotionally, far worse than you can imagine. So I need you to get your shit together before I can take you back again. Come get me when you have your shit together."

I let go of his hand and take the direct portal to my old apartment and camp out there for a while.

***

7 months later

"[Y/N], you can't stay here forever." Gabriel sighs as he pulls the blanket away from him. I pull them back as I hissed at him. I haven't left my house in six months after I broke up Lucifer except to get groceries which now Castiel has so kindly helped me to do.

"Yes I can, and I will for the rest of my life if I have to." I mumbled as I bury my face deeper into the blankets.

"Gabriel's right, [Y/N]. You cannot live like this." Castiel's deep voice input out of nowhere. I waved him off with my hand. Then the two of them pulled me out of the nest I had made out of the blankets.

"Guys! I appreciate the fact that you've taken care of me over the course of the past seven months but I need some time alone okay? I know its been more than half year but I still haven't moved on and I don't think I ever will. Just give me the goddamn space I need." The last bit came out harsher than I tended and the two of them vanished within a second.

'Great I'm worse than Lucifer. I managed to push away everyone I love. God fucking congratulations, [Y/N]!' I scold myself for being rude to Gabriel and Castiel. They have done nothing but help me heal from what Lucifer did to me. I heard a flutter of wings behind me. Thinking it was Gabriel and Castiel, I turned to jump on them and started apologising.

"I'm so sorry, you-" I cut myself off midsentence when I realised it wasn't Cas of Gabe. It was the archangel I never thought I'd see again.

"Luci..." I whispered. I distanced myself from him. Afraid of what he might do to me. I wasn't even sure if he was drunk or not. He looked just as miserable as I did.

"[Y/N], I'm not here to do anything to you I promise. I just wanted to apologise. You told me to get my shit together and I did. I've been clean for six month, sweetheart. I've missed you every single day. There wasn't a day that went by where I wasn't thinking about you. I just want you to come back home with me. I know I've hurt you beyond compare and nothing I do is ever going to erase that but I'll give you all the time you need and in the end I'll make it up to you. I promise, [Y/N], I promise you darling. I just want my [Y/N] back home." I could hear his voice cracking and I felt myself tearing up. I knew it wasn't right going back to him because it went against everything I stood for. I didn't care though. I wanted my Luci back as well. I took small, slow steps towards and finally when I reached him, I leaned into him and hugged him tightly as I sobbed. All the pent up angry, sadness and depression being released through my tears was the most relieved I felt in months.

"I missed you too but it's going to take a hell lot more to make it up to me." I finally mumbled into his chest when I regained my composure. He kissed the top of my head,

"Then I shall spend the rest of eternity making up to you, sweetheart."