Dean One-Shot: The Wedding

spn-ficlets.tumblr.com

***

I looked at the clock, only four more hours until the love of my life married someone else. I starred at the invitation on my counter my eyes blurring with tears as I took a drink of a beer. Today is the day Dean Winchester marries Lisa Braeden. I finished my beer as someone knocked on my door. I rubbed my eyes and hopped off the counter and walked to the door. I opened it and saw my best friend Sam.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for a wedding?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You aren't coming?" he asked in disbelief.

"No Sam I am not going to his wedding. I can't." I sighed and let him in.

Dean's pov

"Where's Sam?" I asked Bobby as I looked at the clock, only four more hours until I'm officially a married man. I just wish it was her... No Dean you can't think like that you love Lisa.

"He had to run an errand," Bobby answered, "Are you sure you want to go through with this Dean?

"Ye-yeah."

Castiel popped into the room, "Bobby we have a problem."

"What problem?" Bobby stood up.

 Sam is having problems delivering the um...package."

"What package?" I asked putting on my slacks confused about what they were going on about.

"Nothing." They answered together.

"Weird," I said deciding to ignore it.

Your pov

"Y/n please come to the wedding." Sam begged following me into my kitchen where I got another beer.

"Nope." I took a big sip.

"Dammit y/n. Don't you want him to see that you're happy! That you've moved on! This isn't like you! You don't mope y/n! You get shit done!" Sam yelled at me.

"Sam that's the thing. I'm not over him. I haven't moved on. I still want to be with him for the rest of my life. I love him always have and I always will." I gave him a sad smile, "I'll go. To support him I want him to be happy even if it isn't with me."

"I have to go help him get ready but I'll see you there?"

"Yeah." I hugged him before he left.

I hopped into the shower and started getting ready for the worst day of my life. Once I was done in the shower I blow dried my hair and put it in loose curls. I did my make up neatly deciding on red lips and winged eyeliner. Finally I walked into my closet and grabbed my new red dress. It reached about halfway to my knee and had a bow on the waist with tank top straps. I put on my black heels that were strappy on the front of my foot. I walked into my bathroom and grabbed my black and gold ring and watch. I turned off all the lights, grabbed my black clutch and walked out to my car.

Sam's POV

I got back to the church and entered the room where dean was getting ready. I pulled Bobby out into the hall, "She is coming but I don't know if it will be enough to stop the whole thing." I really didn't want my brother to marry Lisa when he belonged with y/n.

"Cas is taking care of it. He just needs to talk to her and remember why he loves y/n and not Lisa" He said making sure Dean was still distracted.

"Its almost time. I hope this works."

"Okay guys we have to make our way to the church area now only ten minutes to go!" Dean said smiling.

I'm stopping this for his own good I reminded myself, frowning at his smile.

Your POV

I walked into the church and looked around I saw all of my old friends that I haven't seen in a while, Gabriel, Garth, Meg. I guess everyone really does get together for weddings. I walked over to Jo and Ellen.

"Hey ladies," I smiled and gestured to the seat next to Jo, "is this seat taken?"

"No of course not sweetheart! I missed you y/n" Ellen hugged me tightly and whispered to me, "I know it's hard for you to be here but I'm proud of you."

I thanked her and then hugged Jo. Her and I had always been really close.

"You are not allowed to be gone that long ever again." She scolded me.

I just laughed and sat down. My father, Bobby, came and sat next to us quickly kissing my cheek.

Dean walked in and was standing by the minister he hadn't seen me yet but he would soon since I was in the front row. I tried to look anywhere but him, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but I fought them back. Sam waved at me and gave me a small smile trying to make me feel better. He was standing up there with Dean since he was the best man. Some slow music started playing and Cas walked in with my friend Charlie. She went and stood on the brides side and Cas stood by Sam. He waved at me excitedly and so did Charlie. Sam let out a small chuckle at their excitement and Dean noticed. So he followed their eyes to me. I gave him a small wave as the brides music began.

Everyone stood up. The doors opened and Lisa started to walk down the aisle but he didn't even glance at her, he kept looking at me.

The only think I knew for sure is coming to the wedding only made me feel worse and remember why I loved him.