Chapter 12

It had been almost an hour since everything had happened, my eyes were soaked with tears causing the concealer that I had decided to wear today run. Thankfully my eyes weren't black from my mascara which had also run, but I only wear a faint amount.

After Nathaniel held me for a minute, he let go of me and let me sit. After I reassured him I was okay, he ran inside the cafeteria to see if all the posters were down, when he came back he seemed slightly happy which meant they were.

"So are you going to tell me why you were so mean over text?" I ask, straightening my posture and sniffing.

By the look of his face, he was expecting me to ask him, but he still seemed nervous. He body stiffens from the slouchy posture. He looks at me, I could see in his eyes he was feeling bad.

"There are some things I didn't tell you, only because I didn't think I needed to." He bites his lips, looking away.

I don't say anything, I wait for him to carry on.

"The reason why the guys beat me up was, because I didn't come to the party - which I told you. Basically." He gulps, he pauses for a while considering whether or not he should tell me, I nod telling him to carry on.

"Every guy who went there had to pay $40 dollars, because every guy who was going there were going to hook up with someone, well not just anyone, but hookers - fourteen to sixteen year olds from other areas, and I was supposed to be recruiting them, and because I didn't go so I could stay with you, they beat me up and harassed you." He says everything in one tone, still standing in the same position as before - his mouth presses together tightly causing his features to pop out.

I nod slowly, processing each and every single word, I get up. Without saying another word I walk away, but I'm sure my facial expression told him everything my mouth couldn't. I was disgusted, I was angry but mostly I was upset, how could he be so disgusting? I felt like I didn't even know him.

I carry on walking.

"Aasia!" He slightly yells, loud enough for me to hear.

I ignore him.

"Let me explain, Aasia wait." He yells louder, as I walk further and further away from him. He doesn't call for me again, when he realises I won't hear him out - at least for now.

***

I texted Cassie on the way to my house, for her to come over, and explained everything that had happened, from the pictures to bit about Nathaniel being a disgusting pig. Although she didn't need to be told about the pictures because they were everywhere online already.

"Is every single guy in this world pigs? Or the only the one's in NTH?" I ask, shoving a big spoon of ben and jerry ice cream in my mouth, whilst lying don't on my back. "I mean, seriously?" I talk with a full mouth.

"Asi, you have ice cream dribbling out of your mouth, you'll choke get up!" Cassie slightly yells, batting me with her hands lightly.

I move her by shrugging. "It's disgusting you kn-". I stop when I start gagging on the ice cream that went down the wrong way.

I sit up, coughing the ice cream out of my mouth. "Cass. Tissue. Please!" I shriek. Cassie passes me the tissue whilst she laughs, I wipe my mouth with a straight expression, but it slowly changes to a smile.

"Did you hear him out?" Cassie asks, helping me wipe the ice cream away.

"No. I don't like men treating women like they are objects." I shake my head.

"Fair enough." Cassie replies. For a moment she goes quiet. Her eyes widen.

"What?" I ask, nudging her.

"WOW. Who is that?" Cassie exclaims, as she walks to the half opened door peeking out.

Adam. It was Adam, who happened to be shirtless with shorts on. "My brother..." I look at her confused.

"Girl. How old is he? And is he single?" She replies quietly so he doesn't hear, without taking her eyes off him.

I almost gag. "Too old for you, and you have Jacob sit down." I laugh. But she doesn't move.

"I can't, he is beautiful, I'm sorry I just can't." She says in a stiff voice, letting out fake moan before she burst out laughing.

I laugh with her, chucking my pillow at her so it hits her. It was true, Adam was very good looking, to the point where he was given many chances to become a model, but he knew what was allowed in our religion and what wasn't.

I pick my phone up, when the flashing catches my eyes.

NATHNIEL: "I can't believe you didn't even hear me out, you're just like the rest of them."

NATHANIEL: "I know you read my messages, so why don't you reply? You're always on your phone"

NATHANIEL: "Fuck it. I'm done."

I stare at the messages, not knowing what to do or say. Should I reply? I was too angry to, what does he mean I'm just like the rest of them? This made me angry, well more sad than angry.

"What?" Cassie asks, when she sees I have gone quiet.

I shrug, showing her the texts. She doesn't say anything for a while. "I don't know why it's bothering me so much." I roll my eyes, frowning.

Cassie takes a seat near me. "Maybe because you and he were friends for a while, and you just lost a good friend Aasia. Why don't you try talking to him?"

"What do I say?" I ask, tapping the back of phone making a uncomfortable noise.

She shrugs, "I don't know..." She chews her lips. "Ask him, to explain what happened."

I pick my phone up.

ME: Nathaniel?

I didn't know what else to say to him, so I leave it as that

-

Hey! Hope you have enjoyed this chapter... I know it is short, so I'll be posting the next chapter real soon! so anyone's, please leave feedback if you want... and vote!! xx

peace oxoxoxox

~ farhana