Chapter 11

I stayed at home the next day, Adam promised not to say anything to mom and dad, or go near Jamie or Matty's clan again. It was friday, I just had to get through today and i'll have the weekend to look forward to - where I can be alone.

"Aasia, where were you yesterday? You didn't come school, or reply back to my text, I stopped by your house but your brother said you were asleep, are you ignoring me? Did I do something?" Cassie asks, talking so fast she was a little breathless at the end.

I laugh softly, "No, you didn't do anything." I try to smile. I tell her what happened, I also told her about Nathaniel, she doesn't reply for a few minutes.

"I will kill him, and all of his friends and then his family." She says in a serious tone. I couldn't tell if she was joking. She didn't comment on the Nathaniel part.

"Cassie, trust me after you see Jamie, you won't need to. Adam got to him first." I shrug, feeling light hearted from my brothers brutal actions.

"He best have hurt him a lot, if he didn't then I will finish him off." She grins, not a cute grin.

"Hey, promise me, you won't do anything?" I grab Cassie's arm and pull her back a little.

"I won't." she smiles, with the same murderous look in her eyes.

As soon as she replied, Jamie walked into the building, everyone's eyes on him - or rather his cuts and bruises. He looked awful, a pinch of guilt thickened my throat, but I found myself slightly smirking at the sight of his face.

His face went from a deep red that I saw yesterday to a greeny purple, it looked scary.

"Oi!" Cassie slightly yells, as she marches to Jamie, and slams him against someone's locker. He winces in pain. I shake my head, I told her not to.

She grabs him forward off the locker, and pushes him back onto it making an even louder noise. He was too weak to react right now - not much could be said about later though.

"Cassie!" I hiss quietly, grabbing her arm softly, and pulling her back.

"Touch her again, and I'll look into your eye's whilst I circumcision you, you little shit". She whispers to his face, again pushing him back. He looks mortified, and angry. I was scared but I didn't show it.

I laugh, a fake laugh. "Jerk." I laugh again before walking off with Cassie, carrying the fake smile on my face.

We walk into English laughing. I see Nathaniel sitting already, the whole class were all seated, it seems like Cassie's little show made us late, but I didn't care.

I walk to my seat without even acknowledging his is there. It hurts for some reason, to pretend he doesn't exist, and that our friendship was nothing but based on lies, why did he hang out with me for that long if he thought I was lame?

When did he have a girlfriend? Why was he all a sudden mad at me? I had so many questions, that didn't make sense. But I didn't want to talk to him.

I turn around harshly. "Fun fact: You're a jerk." I keep my eyes fixated on him for a few seconds, his eyes don't leave the front of the class, his facial expression completely straight, but his eyes flinch when I speak, I look away. Ignoring Mr B and drawing scribbles on my book instead of completing my draft.

***

It was lunch time, I texted Cassie telling her I'll meet her in the cafeteria, I trail behind the group of students who were taking their time going inside.

I stop. I stop when I see posters scattered around the floor and stuck on the walls and the tables. I stop and process the pictures. Everyone stops talking in the cafeteria.

I gulp, blinking continuously trying to hide the tears that formed around the pupils of my eyes, I breathe in and out steadily. I pick the paper up.

I was me, me and Jamie, Matty and the other boy. Three different pictures, and three different edits of me and them kissing, and doing other things I wouldn't do, they somehow managed to Photoshop me being naked as well - in a bra and nickers, I felt impressed but disgusted. I look up to the group of people who stand in front of me smirking. One of the guys burst out laughing, causing the whole room to laugh.

Was this them trying to ruin my life, after Adam ruined Jamie's face? I can't say much for Jamie, but this seems like it hurt a lot like a punch in the jaws.

I can't handle it, I can't fight back the tears, tears roll down my eyes. Matty wasn't there, but Jamie and the other boy was, with a few girls. A few of the boys on the tables whistle at me, and laugh yelling horrible things. I stand there shaking not knowing what I did to deserve this, or what to do. If i wasn't so embaressed right now, i'd be really angry.

A loud bang brings me to my senses, everyone stops laughing. I look back, it was Nathaniel, he smashed the door open, I'm surprised it's still hanging there. He brushes past, barely touching me, he walks over to Jamie.

Right in the same place where Adam punched Jamie, Nathaniel places a harsh punch. Jamie groans as he falls and hits his knees on the table. We all wince at the sound of the clicking noise from Jamie's jaw.

"That's for laying a finger her," He whispers, loud enough for everyone around Jamie to hear. "Where's Matty?!" Nathaniel says in a serious tone, If he had yelled I would have been less scared, but his quietness only suggests what could be in store for later when he sees him.

"I didn't hurt her, I wasn't going to do anything. it was just to scare her, what the fuck." Jamie spits blood as he pulls himself up.

"SHUT UP!" Nathaniel roars, I could see his vains on his neck almost popping.

He grabs one of the juniors by the arm and yanks the boy closer to him. "When I come back, I want all these posters gone, got it?" Nathaniel says in harsh tone, making the boy instantly pick up the posters around him and scrunch them up in small balls.

I was confused, really confused. Why did he help me? After what he said?

Feeling embarrassed and mortified I stand there silently and still.

Nathaniel looks back at the girls and guys who now have stopped laughing, and walks towards me. He pulls me into his arms gently, holding me, he takes me out the building outside near the picnic benches. He wipes my tears for me, and hugs me without saying a word, he just holds me inside him for a few seconds.

It was the first time he held me like that, and touched me. It was the first time he put his fingers on my skin intentionally, and didn't make sure he didn't touch me for too long.

Although it felt weird, I didn't have the energy inside me to resist it, or pull away from him. "I am so sorry." He says into my ears, I almost hear his voice breaking, I don't say anything, but rest my head on his chest.

_

Yiiiiikes, see Nathanial isn't all that bad? He helped her? xD Better late than never. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, please comment what yall think & Vote thanks.

Have a great day!

Instagram: http.farhana twitter itsfarhanaa

peace oxoxoxoxox

~ farhana