Chapter 4

The mall wasn't far, it took us a few minutes to work over there, it was literally on the other side of the school, so if anyone wanted to bunk of school, wouldn't that be the perfect place to be?

The Mall was packed, which was probably because school had ended, and all the kids are here. This was the first time I came here, I braced myself for all the stares and poiting.

Cassie looked at me, "Listen, they're pathetic, you totally rock the black, and you look hot. People just haven't come across a Muslim who wears a Hijab." She smiles, trying to make me feel better.

"Gotcha." I smile. "It doesn't faze me." But it did. "So they are unaware of Muslims?" I ask.

She chuckles. "No, they do know other races and religions, it's just that they haven's really spoken to anyone or seen people wearing the clothes you wear."

"What do you need to get?" I ask, I say changing the subject.

"Uh, not sure, I just need a new pair of jeans, and maybe a few shirts? And shoes, and some skirts, not much stuff." She smiles widely, whilst walking into Hollister.

I was about to make a comment on her 'not much stuff' pile, and crack a joke, which most probably she'll take offensively, so I stopped myself. I can't go around blowing every friendships can I? "Cool." I say I as I follow behind her. we go into hollister.

Other than the extremely hot guys, and model looking girls, the clothes were pretty decent in this store, the ones I've been to have such limited clothes for girls, and extra limited clothes for me. I pick up a biker jacket, a dull stone grey colour - just my type, a dull stone grey for a dull girl.

"You're not seriously thinking of getting that are you?" Cassie laughs softly.

I turn around, "why? It's cool." I grin at the jacket.

"Yeah... but it's blazing hot, and it's summer???" She looks at me as if I'm out of my mind.

I look back at her, and laugh. "Relaaaax. Look at the price." I show her the tag. "It's only twenty five dollars, it was fifty dollars, I can get it for winter." I raise my eye brow, and smirk.

"Ahhh. I like your thinking. In that case, I'll get one too, in brown I think." She picks it up, along with her white jeans, and sky blue jeans, and a peachy-pink colour, midi line skirt.

After paying for it, we went to buy converses, she bought a white one, and I bought a new pair of navy blue converses. I looked in H&M for shirts and jeans, eventually I found some. After almost three hours of shopping, Cassie said, "I'll carry on another day, I'm a little tired." She had, seven massive bags on her arm, and she still needed to shop for more.

Cassie took me to her favourite coffee/shakes house in the mall, which was called 'coffee & shakes house'. A cute small place, the lighting was perfect, a dim brown, perfect for a coffee and a book. It also had free wifi, which was always a bonus.

Unaware of what the menu was, and how good the drinks where, I just got a mango tango fruit smoothie, I didn't care much for what I was getting, I was just tired and exhausted from all the walking, and all I wanted to do was sleep.

After five minutes we got our drinks. Sitting back into the sofa, I rest my body. "It's been a long day." I yawn and stretch my body.

"Really? This is like a normal day." Cassie looks at me like I'm from another world, but she smiles.

I didn't want to tell her that it's because I never really had any friends before to do these kind of things, I usually went alone or with mum, or shopped online. "I just haven't walked this much in a while". Ever actually. I take a sip from my smoothie, the cold ice went straight to my head, causing me to squeeze my head, and this is why I preferred drinking my smoothie when it turned into a juice.