Chapter 7 •Hey Rach?•

After I told Michael that I loved Luke I had to tell Rachel.
"Bye Michael. I have to go tell Rachel the bomb I just told you." I say laughing and waving to Michael, who's still sitting on the curb outside my neighbors house.
"Okay goodnight kitten." He says as he gets up and walks to my neighbors house.
"Goodnight Mike." I say smiling. "Wait you live there?" I ask as he opens the door.
"Yeah. You didn't know?" He asks laughing. I start blushing with embarrassment as I shake my head. "Well I do. Anyways goodnight, once again." He says and I laugh and wave to him. He walks inside and I pull out my keys and unlock the door. I walk over to the couch and call Rachel.
"Hey Rach?" I ask as she picks up.
"Yeah?" She says.
"Come over to my house. Like now." I say as I play with my hands.
"Okay. I'll be over in like 5 minutes." She says and I can hear her getting her keys out.
"Okay. See you then." I say back.
"See you then." She says and hangs up the phone. I get up and walk upstairs to my room to put on sweats and put my hair in a bun.

Knock knock knock!

"Coming!" I yell out and run downstairs and open the door, revealing my best friend.
"Hey what's up?" She asks as she makes her way to my living room.
"Okay Rachel don't freak out okay?" I ask and she nods her head. "So Luke came over after the game a-"
"You guys didn't do the nasty right?!" She says really loud.
"Holy hell no!" I say back and she signs of relief. "Anyways. Me and him got into a fight, and he told me why he stopped talking to me, and being my best friend in 8th grade." I say.
"Well what is it?" She says and I take a deep breathe.
"He said he loved, and or still does love me." I say and she screeches.
"OH MY GOD! THIS IS AWESOME! Wait why did you want me to come over just for that?" She asks settling down again.
"Because, me and Michael were talking about everything that happened. And I realized something." I say looking at her.
"And that is?" She asks.
"That I love him too." I say and she jumps up.
"Holy shit!" She tells.
"Do not tell anyone Rachel. I swear if you do I will kill you!" I say and she lifts up her arms in surrender.
"But oh my god. How cute is this? You guys are going to date-- really date. And then you guys are going to get married, and have like 20 kids!" She says and I roll my eyes.
"Hey Rach?" I ask.
"Yeah?" She asks back.
"Shut the hell up. Non of that will happen, because Luke will never find out about this. Get it?" I ask.
"Got it." Rachel says groaning. "How long have you, you know loved him?" She asks.
"Honestly I don't know. When we were younger I had the hugest crush on him. But I pushed it aside. But I guess it never went away and formed into something more. I guess that's why I was so mad at his joke earlier." I say and she nods.
"I knew this would happen." She says smiling like an idiot.
"Shut up Rach!" I say throwing a pillow at her, making her laugh.
"Come on Rena you know you can't resist his lips. Or his eyes, or hair!" She sad back, making me blush.
"Shut up!" I say and there's a knock on the door. "See you were being so loud my neighbor, aka Michael is probably here." I say and once I say Michaels name she shoots up and fixes her hair. I just laugh and she shoots me a death glare. "Coming!" I say to the person, who's probably Michael. I mean who would come to my house at 11:30 at night?

I open the door, and see the same blue eyes I saw just hours ago.
"Uh what are you doing here?" I ask rubbing my neck.
"I forgot my phone." He says not breaking eye contact with me.
"Oh. Well come in." I say as I open the door wide. "Rachel uh, Luke's here." I say and she lifts up really quick and smirks. I pick up a pillow and throw it at her before Luke could see.
"There it is." He says as he picks up the phone from the coffee table. "Uh Rena can I talk to you outside?" He asks and Rachel looks at me and smirks.
"Uh yeah sure." I say as I walk outside. I should tell him. He told me, so why not tell him?
"There's something I need to tell you." We both say in unison.
"You go first." I say laughing a little.
"You sure?" He asks messing with his hands.
"Yeah, go for it." I say smiling a little bit.
"Okay about what I said earlier. I don't love you." He says and my heart drops to my stomach, and my smile gets swiped off my face. "I thought I did. But I don't. I love Rebecca. And that's the reason we are dating. Is so that I can make her jealous, then she'd come crawling back to me." He says as if it's nothing. Which of course it is to him, nothing. Im nothing to him when he's the world to me. And it took me too long to realize yes, but once I did everything made sense. "Now what did you want to tell me?" He asks shoving his hands in his pocket.
"I uh, forgot." I say lying.
"Okay well goodnight, babe." He says and my heart melts. I know he doesn't mean it, but when he calls me the cute names I can't help but feel happy. But all of this happiness came crashing down when he said I don't love you.
"Goodnight."