Chapter 4 •Play The Part Babe•

"Wait so let me get this right. You're dating Luke only to make his slutty ex girlfriend jealous?" My mom says as she sets the salad down.
"Yes. And she's also the one that put cockroaches in my locker in 6th grade." I state and she realizes who were talking about.
"Oh. Well in that case, make her jealous all you want." My mom says winking at me and laughing. "The games tonight right?" She asks and I nod as I take a bite of my salad. "Okay well just text me when you're on your way home. I trust you enough to make smart choices." She says smiling.
"Okay mom I will." I say smiling back. My mom has always been this chill and laid back, and she trusts me enough to make my own decisions. Which is really good. "Oh crap! The game starts in like an hour and I still have to pick up candy and stuff for Luke!" I say getting up.
"Okay be safe honey I love you." My mom calls after me.
"I will mom I love you too!" I say as I walk out the door and run to my car. Shit. I don't know anything that Luke likes.
Me:
Hey what are some candy and shit that you like?
Luke:
I like smarties and sour patch kids oh and gatorade. Why?
Me:
We have to get you guys stuff every game. So I'm going to get you stuff
Luke:
Ooo okay
Me:
Yeah good luck
Luke:
Thanks

I put my phone away and book it to the first store I see.

"Thank you come again." The guy from the gas station says.
"Thanks." I say as I grab the bag and walk out of the store and get into my car.

"Let's go Leopards!" The cheerleading squad yells, and everyone goes wild. The games about to start so all of the guys are stretching and warming up, when Luke comes up to me.
"Hey." He says as he makes his way towards me.
"Hi." I say back. "What's up?" I ask.
"Well uh, me and Rebecca did this things where before every game we would kiss. So I was thinking that we should." He says with a straight face.
"Do I have to?" I say whining.
"You got to play the part babe." He says and I groan. I get up and walk up to him. I put a smile on my face and wrap my arms around his neck as he bends down to get to my level. I'm hesitate, so Luke connects our lips for me. We hear cat calls and whistles coming from his team. He breaks apart and flips them off before kissing my cheek, and jogs back to the team.
"You're really lucky to have him." A girl behind me says. I almost laughed and said yeah right but I stopped myself.
"Yeah I am." I say trying to sound as happy as could be. But deep down inside I wanted to throw up. "Dating" my ex best friend/enemy is hard work. Because every time we have to do something coupley I want to throw it. What do you expect me to do? I've hated him for 3 years now. And honestly I don't know why. Maybe it's because he left me when I needed him most. Once my dad left me and my mom, Luke left too. Thankfully Rachel was there for me, because I don't know how I would have survived without anyone there for me now that my dad wasn't, and my mom was an emotional wreck.

"Go Luke!" I yell as he makes the winning touchdown. The crowd goes crazy chanting "Luke! Luke! Luke!" Our first game of the year, and first of many victories of the year. After the game I ran up to Luke and attacked him with a hug, to make it seem real.
"You did awesome babe!" I say pecking his cheek.
"Thanks baby." He says picking me up and kissing me again.
"No problem. Oh here's your stuff." I say smiling and handing him the bag of goodies.
"Thank you." He says grabbing the bag and taking out the Gatorade and chugging it down. I turn my head and see Rachel with Michael. They are laughing about something when Michael leans down and kisses Rachel on the cheek.
"Oh my god!" I say and I get Luke's attention.
"What?" Luke asks turning and facing the direction I am. "Oh how cute. Mikey's got a crush."
"Rachel's got a crush too." I say and I mentally slap myself.
"Really?" Luke asks.
"Yep." I say rocking on my heels.
"Huh. Well get some Clifford." He laughs and I nudge him. He just laughs again before I start making my way towards Rachel.

"Hey Rach." I say as I approach them.
"Hi Rena." She says and her cheeks are bright red.
"Alright. What did I miss?" I ask and Rachel looks at Michael and he smiles.
"Michael asked me out on a date!" She says and I scream and pull her into a hug.
"Congrats Rach!" I say hugging her still.
"Alright what did I miss?" Luke asks as he walks up to us.
"Michael asked Rach on a date." I say smiling. I'm super happy for her.
"Well way to go Clifford." He says high fiving him.
"Thanks mate." Michael says blushing.
"Rach have i told you that you and Michael look a lot alike." I say joking.
"Hey I can say they same thing to you and Luke Ms. Blonde hair blue eyes." She says back.
"Fair enough." I say laughing. Luke wraps his arms around my waist. I see Rebecca and David walk by hand I hand. But David doesn't seem too happy about it.
"So how are you and Luke?" Rachel asks smirking.
"Is anyone around?" I ask and she shakes her head. "I think we're both miserable. And to top it off, Luke was my first kiss!"