Chapter Forty Two - ???

Thick mists pressed upon the windows, making the occupant of the ancient castle believe that the weather had finally begun to reflect his mood. It had been many a year since he had last stepped outside but with things progressing the way that they were, it was fast becoming clear that sending others would not see the job done satisfactorily.

"Lord," The chit's grating voice came again, making him want to take her tongue even though it had proved to have pleasant uses when he required. "Please."

"Your brother got a whole pack slaughtered," He replied coldly, ignoring the scent of her grief. He had been waiting over twenty years for Amarilia's girl child to reach adulthood and venture outside of the hole that she had been raised within. "Should I not seek retribution from their families? Did you not assist him?"

"I thought that he was just going to seduce her and bring her back to you. We couldn't have known that a coven of those fanged bastards was going to kidnap her."

He laughed darkly, "Yvaine Amirmoez is one of their strongest, a legend and yet you both thought it prudent to face him in battle rather then," He spun around, claws extending to shred the top of a large mahogany desk, "think smartly and inform me."

"I'm s-s-sorry, my lord. We didn't know. He goes by the name Owen now," She had dropped to her knees at the first real sign of his rage, trying to soothe some of the wrath directed at her. When her brother, Callen, had first realised that the little princess was being held by Immortals she had pleaded with him to call the Lord but he had wanted to prove he was worthy of their leader's trust.

Now, he was dead and she had no one left.

All because of that blonde haired bitch who had no idea real idea about the world or what her existence meant.

"Owen," The Lord murmured, tasting the name. His footsteps were silent as he walked over to look down at the head bent in supplication. It would be a shame to kill her, not when she had other uses.

His fingers speared through her thick hair, tugging until she was forced to her feet, eyes demurely meeting his own fiery green ones.

"Your brother was foolish and now Yvaine and his followers know exactly what they possess. They may not understand her true importance but still, they will eventually be overcome with curiosity." He leant forward and softly bit her bottom lip. "I will not kill you, sweet."

Pushing at her until she was laid out across the scarred desk, he gripped at her gown and tore until nothing hid her youthful body from his hot gaze. "I will have Sang Sorenson soon enough, the Immortals notwithstanding," He delicately plucked at the rose coloured flesh atop her breasts, arousal thickening as her skin tightened. "All good things come to those who plan and I know that they will seek counsel with the Shining City. Many things can happen on the dark roads, don't you agree, my dear?"

"Yes," She gasped, arching her body closer as his fingers delved between her spread thighs. "More."

"Yes. I have time until I must leave," He lowered his mouth to her neck, breathing hotly until she convulsed. "Soon, little princess. Soon."