Chapter 9: Visions , Illusions , or Nightscares.

Start from the beginning

Carter looks at me and hugs me. I return it and he mumbles several apologies under his breath.

"but , why ?" i ask. He lets out a long breath. "it felt like i had to say it but i didn't mean any of it i swear." carter defends. I look into his emerald eyes and kiss his cheek.

"friends." i whisper to him. He smiles at me.

"best." he smirks. I bite my lip and giggle.

----

Elena and i are meeting with stefan and she is over here shaking her leg like crazy.

"lena are you nervous ?" i ask her. She pulls a face.

"nervous , no. Pissed , yes. Like he is an undead creature that is suppose to be dead." elena snaps. I roll my eyes.

"serial killer , right in the bag." i reply, fist pumping the air. Stefan arrives and his harden glare softens when he meets our eyes.

"you said you would explain everything when we told you to meet us here." stefan nods. "when you google vampire you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?"

"mirrors?" elena asked.

"myth." stefan answers. I snort.

"obviously because he has to see how much gel he uses in his hair." i deadpan. Elena nudges me and i scowl at her.

----

After getting vampire 101 from stefan , elena and i are going to a place in the woods. They get out of the car and i trail behind them.

"what are we doing here , stefan?" i ask him curiously. Elena sighs.

"same question i asked." elena replies. "in the middle of nowhere." elena adds.

"this didn't used to be nowhere." stefan answers. I pick up my pace and gaze at what stefan is looking at.

"it looks so......" elena trails. "old." stefan finished for her.

"because they are." he said. I look at him. Elena looks like she's figured out something.

"wait , how long have you...." elena drags out. See i'm going to need her to not do that.

"i've been 17 years old , since 1864." stefan clarifies. I look at him wide eyed and stare at him curiously.

"oh my god." elena gasp. I gulp and let out a large breath.

"welp , good to know grandpa salvatore." i remark. Stefan stifles a chuckle and elena glares at me.

"what?" i ask. "i've been quiet this whole time cut me some slack."

"true..." elena admits.

"you all said you wanted to know." stefan reminds us. I'm not the one having second thoughts though. "i'm not going to hold back." he says with a slight smile.

"half a century before the boarding house was ever built. This was my family's home." stefan starts. "damon and i , we were both born here. The salvatore brothers , best of friends."

"you knew katherine in 1864?" elena asks wearily. I glance up at stefan who's showing us around his property.

"damon made it seem like..." i trail. Oh fuck.

"he was trying to make it seem like i was still heartbroken." stefan clears. And for what , reason exactly? "he saw that i was happy with elena and wanted to ruin it." i nod in understanding and hop over a tree branch.