Chapter 53

"Madeline...come on wake up....Madeline!" I heard with a couple chuckles following as I slowly lifted up from my position.

"Huh what?" I groaned as I felt myself being lifted up into someone's arms.

"Good morning-more like afternoon sleepy head." Harry chuckled making my eyes go wide. It had been three days since I had gone on my 'date' with him and I was relaxing out on the beach trying to tan.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes and looked around. "Harry put me down!" I screamed as he started walking down the beach.

"Why?" He asked looking out towards the water.

"Because you're going in the water! Put me down!" I demanded as I tried to climb out of his arms but he was too strong.

"What's a little water?" He asked as he pulled me closer to his chest trying to get a better grip on me while I was squirming.

"I was tanning! I don't want to-" I stopped as I buried my face into his chest and looked away as he entered the water slowly. "Please don't drop me." I mumbled as I hung into his neck for dear life.

"Drop you why would I-"

"AAAH!" I screamed as he dropped me right into the water. "Harry! You dickhead-"

"Have I ever told you you look amazing when wet?" He smirked making me punch him on the arm.

"I hate you." I said as I splashed him with water causing him to splash me right back.

"Stop!" I screamed as I dove under water in an attempt to swim away from him. I popped back up only about 10 feet away and felt a sand dollar beneath my feet.

"Catch!" I screamed as I picked it up and chucked it at him.

"What the fuck?!" He yelled as he dropped it back into the water and washed his hands off. "What the hell was that?"

"You've never seen a sand dollar before?" I asked as I twisted my eyebrows in confusion.

"London doesn't have beaches sweetheart."

"I used to catch them all the time with my dad!" I said as I looked up at Harry. His face immediately turned cold and sympathetic making me roll my eyes. "I bet I can find more than you." I smirked making Harry cock an eyebrow at me.

"Oh yeah? And to think you didn't want to go in the water, you're on." He said as we both dove under and began feeling the sandy bottom for sand dollars.

I came up with two after my first breath and noticed he had one. We kept feeling around for awhile until we each got too tired and kept our heads above the surface as we felt around.

"Harry! Stop! I'm trying to beat you!" I scolded as he reached for my hand underwater on purpose to stop me from winning. He tried intertwining our fingers together so I couldn't pick up any more but I dove under and swam away.

"Alright! Times up!" I yelled as I surfaced but looked around and didn't see him. Then I suddenly felt his hand on my ass as he came up and stood behind me towering over my figure.

"Looks like I found something better than a sand dollar." He said making me slap his hand away.

"I won!" I yelled as I looked down at the 12 sand dollars I had come to find and looked over to see two in his hand.

"You didn't even try." I said as I rolled my eyes and plopped them back into the water.

"Now you have to carry me back to shore as my prize because I'm too lazy to walk." I said as I walked over and jumped on Harry's back.

"Did I tell you you looked sexy in that swimsuit?" He asked seductively as I smacked his head gently.

"Hush peasant, keep walking." I commanded as he brought us over to our towels.

"Cold cold cold!" I jumped down off his back and immediately grabbed my towel wrapping it around me before sitting down on the mat I had brought down. Harry grabbed the towel he brought for himself and sat down beside me.

We sat looking out at the water for a bit trying to dry off before I broke the silence.

"Thanks for making me go in the water, that was a lot of fun." I smiled as I looked over at him. He smiled back showing his dimples as he looked from my mouth to my eyes and then back out at the water.

"So, same time same place tomorrow?" He asked cheekily making me roll me eyes.

"You're a fool."

"Only for you my dear." He said as he stood up and then grabbed my hand to help me up. "May I walk you back?" He asked as he picked my mat up for me and gestured towards the boardwalk. I nodded my head slowly as we started our retreated up the boardwalk.

"I still can't believe you didn't know what a sand dollar was." I chuckled as we trudged our way up the steady incline of the boardwalk.

"I'll have to take you back to London some day and show you all the stuff there. You'll be so clueless you'll have no idea what anyone is saying."

"I understand you quite well with that thick British accent of yours if I do say so myself." I smirked as we reached the front steps of my house.

"Thanks for coming down to the beach Harry, I probably would've stayed asleep so long I would've woken up as red as a tomato if you hadn't come."

"Anything to save you from becoming a tomato." He said making me roll my eyes. "I'll talk to you soon." He said as he handed me my mat and turned around to leave. I opened the door as he shouted one last thing to me, "Oh and Madeline? You'll have to wear a coverup next time. I can't believe your father would be ok with you showing off that body to other men."

A/N:
It's my birthday in 4 days....and someone else's😏😏
psst...this was written on January 8th