Chapter 13

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIMA BEAN, I HOPE 22 TREATS YOU WELL :)

"Where the hell have you been?"

"What? Out. Does it matter?"

"We need to talk."

"Mate it's one in the morning can't it wait?"

"No. Now sit your stubborn ass down so we can talk!"

I opened my eyes slightly to see two figures out of the corner of my eye by the stairs. I looked down and saw the magazine Niall got me earlier laying on my lap. I must've fallen asleep while reading it.

"Stop yelling! You're going to wake Maddie up!" I heard Zayn say as he gestured towards me making Harry roll his eyes. I kept my eyes slightly open but not enough to be noticed as I didn't want to get caught eavesdropping.

"Why the hell did you say you were Madeline's boyfriend today?" Harry questioned making Zayn chuckle and throw his head back.

"Ohhh how did I know you were going to ask me about that..." He laughed while pinching his nose and looking up at Harry. "You actually think she wanted to be in there with you and Sharna?"

"You didn't have to say you were her boyfriend though you-"

"Why the fuck does it matter? I saved you from having to come up with a lie about why she's really here. You should be thanking me."

"I'm not going to thank you until you back off and admit that you want to date Mad-"

"Listen mate. I've got three things to say to you." Zayn said cutting Harry off. "One: I don't want to date Maddie. Two: You can't tell me what to do. And three: Man the fuck up and stop treating her like shit because we ALL know you still have feelings for her." Zayn seethed as he walked around Harry and up the stairs without another word. I squeezed my eyes shut immediately scared of what was going to happen next. But all I felt was a burning gaze upon me, making me tremble with fear.

"Fucking bastard."

"What is going on with you? You haven't eaten at all today." Liam stated as I sat in the chair in the corner of his room.

"Just lost my appetite." I said as I looked out the window covered in chains.

"Did Harry put you on lock down? Cause if he did I'll-"

"No! Please don't do anything I-"

"Then tell me why you're not eating." Liam said as he glared at me while throwing his hands up in the air. I huffed out a deep breath before looking back up at him.

"Harry was yelling at one in the morning last night and has been cranky ever since. So I don't want to get in his way because every time I've seen him he's glared or pushed me out of his way. Ok?" I said as I stood up and walked past Liam towards his door.

"Harry's always a jerk Maddie. Promise me you'll get something to eat tonight. Or I'll drag you down myself." He pressed as I nodded my head slightly and walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

"Don't use all the fucking hot water." Harry threatened as he walked past me into his office. I quickly slipped into the bathroom not wanting to be around him anymore than I had to.

After my shower I heard a bit of commotion coming from downstairs, but my stomach was growling and I decided there was a chance Harry was still in his office so I could go grab something to eat. I quietly walked down the stairs and peeked into the kitchen. Niall and Liam were holding beers, Louis was rummaging through cupboards, Zayn was smoking a cigarette in the corner, and best of all there was no sign of Harry.

"Oi Maddie you finally came down!" Louis shouted making me scrunch my face up as I really didn't want to be noticed.

"Uh yeah..." I said as I rubbed my shoulder and walked towards the fridge. I grabbed out a yogurt cup and a spoon before turning around and almost dropping both of them. Harry was sitting at the table in the corner of the room with four empty beers in front of him. I sucked in quick breath as he looked directly at me.

"Grab me a beer Madeline." He said as I turned around and took one out of the fridge. I walked it over to him cautiously and slowly reached my arm out. "Well you could walk a little faster." He grunted as he popped the can open and took a large sip. Just as I was about to turn around and exit the kitchen I was pulled by the arm and landed against someone's body.

"So, how are you Mads?" Niall said as he wrapped an arm around me and took a sip of his beer. "Want some?" He said as he saw me looking at it.

"Uh no I don't drink." I said as I spooned a mouthful of yogurt into my mouth.

"Psh she doesn't drink." Harry cackled from the corner. "Did your parents have a drinking problem? Is that why you don't drink? Because you had a bad experience as a kid?" Harry cooed as he rolled his eyes and took another sip. I knew I didn't want to be in the kitchen anymore so I turned to take my exit as Harry said one last thing to me while smirking. "Oh yeah how's your father anyways?" I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath before turning around and glaring daggers at him.

"How dare you." I seethed as I turned around and slammed my yogurt on the table. "How fucking dare you!" I said even louder as Harry set his fifth empty beer on the table. Obviously a bit tipsy he didn't yell at me for swearing at him. "YOU FUCKING KILLED HIM YOU BASTARD! HE'S DEAD!" I screamed as I lurched towards Harry making his eyes go wide.

"Maddie-shit calm down!" Liam yelled as he grabbed my body and pulled me back before I could reach him.

"You killed him!" I cried as I fell to the floor in front of Liam's feet. "He died in the hospital three days after you destroyed our house! I never got to say goodbye!" I sobbed as Liam tried picking me up. "Now my mom has depression and is getting worse everyday and if I don't go home I'm not going to be able to say goodbye to her either!" I said as I covered my face in my hands.

"C'mon Maddie-"

"I need t-to g-go home." I cried into my hands.

"Just stand-"

"I NEED TO GO HOME!"