Chapter 14

"Only one last stop people. If you don't get off here you have to get off at the next stop in Madison."

I groaned as I lifted my head up and was met with bright shining lights through closed eyelids. I opened my eyes slowly and saw seats in front of me. My eyes went wide as I looked around frantically trying to figure out where I was.

"What-" I started nervously as I looked around trying to find out some sense of where I was.

"Woah Hun have you never been on a bus before? Is this your first time?" An older African American lady with gray hair said from behind me as she looked over the seat.

"B-bus?! We're on a bus?! Heading where?" I asked as my eyes shot open as I turned around to face her.

"Oh that nice man you were sitting next to didn't tell you?"

"Man? Who?"

"He helped you onto the bus and positioned you comfortably. You were sleeping the entire ride. He got off about three stops ago." Sleeping...right.

"Oh yeah now I remember...I'm just not completely awake yet. Thank you very much." I said even though all I had just said was a complete lie and I was actually quite scared that she was telling me that there was a man previously sitting next to me helping me sleep comfortably...and I'm doubtful I was just sleeping as I don't remember anything since I lashed out on Harry in the kitchen.

"Oh don't mention it. Now maybe you should check your purse and see if he left you any addresses. You're going to need a place to stay tonight, it's very cold." She said as the bus started to slow down. I nodded my head and looked down at the purse sitting in my lap. I opened the flap and inside was a small white piece of paper.

Try to make it home safe. We hope Niall got you onto the right bus.
xx boys

"I'm going home?" I whispered as I stared down intently at the paper as if I had read it wrong. I brushed my fingers over each of the words just to make sure they weren't figments of my imagination.

"Alright last stop of the night! Thanks for riding and stay warm folks it's quite cold!" The bus driver said loudly making me look up from my paper. I stood up quickly and was the last to file out of the bus.

"Does this place look familiar to you at all Hun?" The lady asked once again.

"Uh a bit. But if you could point me in the direction of a coffee shop that'd be lovely Miss..."

"Awh Dear child, Please call me Rosie." She said as she pulled on her leather gloves.

"Ok Rosie, I'm Madeline." I said using my full name for a change.

"Well about two blocks down is a coffee shop. They're open later than most so I think they'll be able to help you." She said as a car came honking down the street. "Oh that'll be my son! It was a pleasure meeting you Madeline and I hope you make it home safe!" She yelled as she waved goodbye and climbed into her son's car.

"Thank you!" I called as I started to walk towards the coffee shop Rosie had pointed out. "Hardware...Pet Store...ah ha! Coffee shop!" I said as I passed the many buildings until coming to the right one. I was about to walk up to the counter and order a coffee when I realized I should probably see if I had any money. I checked the purse and there were two $100 bills which made my eyes go wide.

"Hello miss what can I get you tonight?"

"Uh just a caramel cappuccino will be all."

"Alright $4.50 is your total." She said as I handed her the $100 bill. Her eyes went wide for a minute at the sudden startle but she quickly regained her cool and handed me my change.

"Thank you!" I called as I walked to the bathroom as I didn't know when the last time was I had gone. After I walked out I looked in the mirror and was stunned by my appearance. The boys had dressed me so differently from my normal look I could barely recognize myself. My hair was pulled back into a messy bun and they had me wearing glasses. My jeans were torn up and my shirt had a weird punk band on it. "Why the hell did that lady even talk to me? I would've scared anyone else shitless." I said to myself as I washed my hands and walked back out into the main part of the café.

"Excuse me, but do you have a phone I could use here?" I asked the main barista.

"I'm sorry but we don't. About three stores down to your left though there is an outdoor pay phone in the bus station." She said while gesturing her hands in the direction I should go.

"Ok! Thank you very much!" I quickly exited the shop and walked down the sidewalk to the pay phone. I pulled out the two quarters I had received at the coffee shop and entered them into the machine before picking up the phone and dialing the only person I could think of...my mom.

It rang for a bit before stopping, then static came from the end. "Hello? Mom?" I said as I hit the machine to see if the static would stop. "Mom?!" I said as I cursed at the phone for not working.

"Mo-" I started again as the phone was abruptly pulled away from my hand and I was pulled into complete darkness.