Chapter 36

Last night after we had dinner I fell asleep in my grandma's room while we were talking about how her day went. My mom and her had spent almost the entire day outside on the beach. Right now we had just finished breakfast but had yet to see Harry.

"Morning ladies sorry I didn't make it to breakfast." Harry said as he came in the dining hall with his now daily attire, a suit.

"I have cleared the limo of all other priorities so you can go wherever you'd like today. There's a nice shopping mall about 20 minutes away. If you're looking for a nice day out I recommend it." He said as we nodded our heads and he swooped back out into the hall.

"Well we shouldn't waste any time then should we?" My grandma said as we walk stood up and grabbed our purses from our rooms before meeting at the front door.

"Hello Barry." I said as he opened the limo door for us.

"Where to ladies?" He asked as he shut it and climbed in front.

"There's a shopping mall in town that Harry recommended." I said as my grandma and mom looked at me confusedly.

"Harry? Who's Harry?" She asked making my eyes go wide.

"Oh I meant Edward! Harry was the nickname his mother gave him as a child because of all his shaggy hair, she felt Edward was too big of a name for him at the time, so that's why I still call him that." I said quickly as they nodded their heads actually believing my fib. I refused to speak the rest of the car ride there in case of another mishap.

"Alright ladies here you go, when you want to leave I will be waiting over here in the parking lot so just come out of the doors, I'll be looking for you." He said as he dropped us off at the front of the building and drove away to park.

"This is wonderful! And to think we lived maybe an hour away from this and never came here." My mom said as she looked around always curious during these good weeks.

"I'd like to go in that home goods store if you don't mind." My grandma said as she scampered off leaving my mother and I together.

"What store interests you?" I asked my mom as she went over to a map.

"How about this one?" She said as she pointed to one not very far from us listed under apparel.

"Sounds good to me! Let's go!"

After about four hours of shopping we were beat. We already had lunch so that gave us a bit of energy but our feet were killing us.

"I think I have time for one more shop and then I'm done shopping for awhile." I said as I turned the corner but felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Hello Madeline, Melissa, I'm sorry if I'm intruding-"

"Not at all Edward, we were just going to find old grandma here who's wandered off to who knows where." My mom said making Harry chuckle.

"Would you mind if I brought you to a particular store? We can go get your grandma first-"

"No, no that won't be necessary. I'll go get Shelley and you can run off to the shop. We'll meet you guys there." My mom said as Harry told her the store name and location as we went in different directions.

"Can I carry some of your bags?" Harry asked as I shook my head.

"No I'm fine. There's only three."

"And you only have two hands." He said as he took two bags out of my hand and put them into his. I shook my head at him knowing he wouldn't listen.

"We're here." He said as he stopped in front of a store that had the most gorgeous dresses. "I'm buying you a dress for our dat-when we go out to dinner." He said choking in the middle a bit as if he was going to say something else.

"I don't need a new dress I'll just wear something I brought."

"No. Give me your bags and look around. I'm going to get you a dressing room." Harry said as my mom and grandma came into the store.

"Well isn't this a fancy store." My grandma said as she walked in and followed Harry.

"Excuse me sir could we get a dressing room?" Harry asked one of the men as he unlocked a door and motioned for me to go inside.

"I've only got one-"

"That's ok I'll grab you more and you can grab more later." He said as my mother and grandma sat down on the seats in front of the room.

"I'm guessing you all are curious as to why I wanted to take Madeline here." He said towards my grandma and mom.

"Just a tad bit curious."

"If it's ok with you I was thinking I'd take Madeline out to dinner tonight, that is if she's not too tired. Would you be alright with that? I don't want to act like I'm favoring-"

"Awh honey listen to me, Madeline needs to get out more and even if she didn't want to go we'd make her." My grandma said as I came out in the first dress. "A bit showy don't you think." My grandma said with a frown making me chuckle.

"Grandma, there's only one slit and it doesn't even go all the way up the leg."

"If grandma doesn't approve then neither do I." Harry said making me shake my head at him. "Let's go find another one." He said as he stood up and led me out into the main part of the store.

After about 40 more minutes of dress shopping I had tried on over 10 dresses and was starting to get tired again.

"There's only one more." I said as I put on the long red formal dress. "If this one doesn't look good then-"

"That's it. That's the one." Harry said before my mother or grandma could even get a word, well a syllable out.

"Oh that ones beautiful. Not too showy, covers enough."

"It looks really nice sweetheart." My mother said as she snapped a photo.

"Mom!" I groaned as I stepped back a bit.

"Change out of the dress and once you're done hand it to me." Harry said as I shut the door.

"I don't want you to pay for-"

"I'm not going to let you pay for your own new dress. Now change out of it." He said as I took it off and put on my other clothes as I searched the dress to see how much he would be paying.

"If you're looking for a price tag the dresses in here don't have them. That's why I took you here." He said making my grandma and mom laugh. I opened the door and handed the dress to him with a glare as he walked to the cash register.

"I don't even want to imagine how much that dress costs."

A/N:
Don't forget to vote for the next book I will be writing! It's published on my profile :) it goes away once Chapter 40 of this book is published.