Brutal Christmas Dinner.

In case you are wondering the gif is Stella internally screaming. Wait for it. You'll get it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After a very long day at office where I showed Nate around, the assistant explained him some insider procedures and one of the new employees of dad mistook me for my dead sister Isabella, just the usual. We were about to exit the office the employee who mistook me for my sister came around and stopped me yet again. She has a really big mouth to be honest.

"I am so sorry ma'am. I ..I didn't mean.." She stammered.

"Well you should have been careful. " Nate said with a straight face.

"I realize that sir and I am extremely sorry. Please don't get me fired. I am..am sorry." She started sobbing.

"Judith please go back to you desk. They are already getting late." The assistant who accompanied us said rudely to her.

"Everyone calm down." I said to Nate and the assistant  and I turned around to look at the employee who is apparently named Judith. I put my hands on her shoulder to calm her down. " It's okay, it could happen to anyone. Plus she was the sane one it's more of a compliment to me. So thanks. " I smiled at her and she stopped crying. 

"I promise I will never disappoint your father. I will work even more hard." She tried consoling me.

"I am sure are still working pretty darn hard. Keep up with the spirit." I grinned widely and the assistant nudged us to move for dad was calling him up again and again. We had reached here at 12 pm and it was now 5 pm in the evening also it would definitely take two hours minimum to reach there even at lightning speed of our car. Just as we reached the gate I heard a shriek in the background. I turned towards the source of the noise to face a vaguely known face.

"OHMYGOD! Nate!" She squealed and rushed to hug Nate who welcomed her with open arms. She literally flew into his arms and he swung her around. Gosh I have never seen him so happy and this is way to dramatic. I just smiled awkwardly while I grew jealous by the minute. When they stopped hugging Nate bent forward and kissed her. I looked away while I tried to control my sadness from surfacing. I think I recognized her now. She is Nate's psycho girlfriend- Lynda.

"How rude of us." She finally backed up while looking at me but then continued to pretend like I wasn't there "I just came from your house. I was just wondering why aren't you coming home for Christmas!"

"College work. I'll be home in three days, babe." He smiled but then as soon as he turned towards me his face grew straight.

"um..Lynda this is Stella um my..um" I tilted my face a little to the side for I grew curious as what will he introduce me as. He continued   "my college neighbor slash classmate slash a really close friend.She is the one who helped out in your case the most."

"Oh yeah?" She turned towards me.

"Yes. I was Liam's next victim and Nate was smart enough to record that disgusting porno rather than coming to help me. You see that's how 'close' friends we are." I smiled sarcastically and she looked at me with widened eyes. "Oh but don't worry nothing happened. Anyway, I should probably wait in the car. Why don't you two love birds carry on." I said that and turned around while my fake smile turned into frown and from a frown into tears. I sat in the car and plugged in some Taylor Swift in my earphones while crying like a dork. 

"Driver? Take me to the beach house and send another car for our guest." I said with a broken voice in the receiver. 

"Yes ma'am" and we drove straight home without looking back. Nate called again and again so I put my phone on airplane mode to peacefully enjoy T.Swift cursing the entire man-race. When we reached at the beach house. I decided to go sit on the swing hanging from Vanessa's tree house. It was kind of in the back so it wasn't visible straight away to anyone. I doubt if even mom knew this thing existed. I always dropped by here when I grew upset, which I generally did after Christmas dinners. I must have been there for half an hour when Ash came by. He sat on the other swing. Of course there were two of them Vanessa and I were like sisters so her parents always thought about me whenever they did something for V. Great people. The two of us just sat for a while swinging quietly until he broke the silence.