Moment of truth

I wake up with a jerk, falling off the bed. On normal circumstances, this would be highly casual with Vanessa laughing her ass off on my face. So I thought would happen today. I turned to look at Vanessa's side of the bed. She was sitting with a worried expression on her face. I raised an eyebrow. 

"What? You're acting like this hasn't happened before." I scoffed and brushed the dress I was wearing from yesterday. That's weird. I always change before going to bed. I got more confused by the minute when I saw a trophy behind Vanessa's bed. She won! SHE WON THE FREAKING COMPETITON.

"You won?! WOW, that's amazing!" I rushed towards her and hugged her. "Next time,if I pass out slap me and wake me up. Okay? I have some BFF rights. Like, celebrate with me when you win a big ass competition." I smiled at her, but her worried expression stayed put while I tried to brush off my headache. Her expression was rigid and she kept on looking behind me " I would have been there but after that fall out with Nate.." I started recalling last night's events and it struck me like thunder. A tear slid down my cheek while I was facing Vanessa.

"Stel.." She hugged me tightly. "I am so sorry I should have been there with you." My sobing turned into uncontrollable whine. I could feel my tears dripping like raindrops from a window, again and again. except this was the rain of sadness. That is when I felt four more arms wrap around me. It was Ash, Nate, and Luke. Even after everything I was just grateful that Luke was there with me in this disturbing state. As for Ash whenever I want him he is always there for me. From the begining from a bait for a bet to enemies to friends to a constant supoport system for one another. He has always been by my side like a strong pillar. Like a brother. Except today even that pillar couldn't support the weight of this pain. I cried while I was still skittish and sensitive.

"I don't even remember what I happen..end." I said between sobs and Nate got up.

"That jackass will pay for this..." that's all he said before he stormed out of our room. Luke and Ash followed him, ready to put up a fight. Vanessa held on to me as if she knew I would try to stop them. She was right. I didn't want to attract more attention to this disgrace. What will I say to the society , what will I say to my parents. Oh god. This is horrible. Everything is over already for me. I don't want anymore ostracism. No more rumors or judgemental people would be really good right now. So, I rushed downstairs with Vanessa on my trail.

"Stella stop!" She screamed from behind as I through the hall and out the door. I came down the street and looked left and right helplessly. On the left, in the middle of the street, I see a dogfight. Ash, Nate, and Luke ganging up on Liam.  I remembered a flake of last night a rough image,a vision of someone coming and picking me up from that dreadful barn. And I knew, nothing had happened last night. I made it out. Somebody came before Liam could do anything. 

"What sort of bonkers boy business is this?" Jessie emerged from the crowd screaming at the top of her lungs. But she took a glance at me, Vanessa and then looked at the boys again and shook her head out of disappointed. Somehow she evaluated the whole scene and did not make any effort to help Liam anymore. She is smarter than you'd think.

I quickly interfered in the fight as the crowd started circling around us. 

"Stop!" I pushed Luke away  who still acted like he owed me something so he drew out immediately, but Ash and Nate kept on punching him. Liam was now on the ground and the two of them were kicking him. I grabbed Ash's arm because he looked less worked up than Nate. 

"STOP IT!" I screamed and Ash looked at Vanessa who nodded in agreement so he backed off. Nate picked Liam up and pushed him against the wall hitting Liam in the stomach. I tried pushing Nate, pulling him and even screaming at him. He didn't listen to me. He acted as if neither I was there nor that crowd who was recording every single thing. When I looked nervously at the cameras Luke saw and he went to every single last one of them who recorded , trying to get them to delete the clips. Ash Jessie and Vanessa followed his lead and people surprisingly listened.Unlike Nate so I turned my attention back at him.