Epilogue

Ryan’s P.O.V

    Five years had passed since I’ve met the woman that I love so much. She was my personal assistant, my housemate, my girlfriend and finally, my wife. Within our sick love, we’ve been gifted by the two most adorable girls that lighten up each of my days.

    They’re twins. 2 minutes older than her sister is Annie, the name that I choose for her. Meanwhile her younger sister is Rennie; as her mother wished for that name.

    All of us are living in the town where I came from. We move here years ago, after the girls were born.

    Dianne’s father and Carlos also moved here. The long ago silenced house of mine now replaced by the noise of the girls and their granddad voices every time.

    Carlos is working as a bartender again. It’s got me curious before I knew he is after someone (a woman) who always stops by at the bar where he worked for.

    “Papa! Look!” Rennie shouted from behind me.

    She wears a simple dress that covers her knee. She did a full spin and almost tripped before I grasped her for preventing her to fall. “Here goes my angel. You look really beautiful, sweetie.” I said and placed a kiss on her forehead.

    Rennie grinned at me wider. She really looks like her mom.

    All of sudden, I felt some little ‘monster’ attack me from the back. I got shock anyway. “Got you, papa!” I could hear Annie laughing in victory at my back. I chuckled at her attacked.

    Standing up on my feet, I let Annie get a piggy back. “You girls ready?” I asked.

    Rennie was in front of me when she looked up at me.

    “Yeah, let’s go see mommy.” They both exclaimed in unison.

    ******

    The breeze hit my face as I step out from the car. I opened the door for my girls. They stepped outside and slowly walked by my side.

    Once we reached our destination, I looked at the flower that I bought earlier and smiled. Annie is on my left side while Rennie stood on my right side.

    I placed the flower on the clean flat stone, before it is a beautiful crafted tomb.

    It’s written the name of woman that I love with all my heart.

    Dianne John.

    My chest tighten as I remember the day when the doctors couldn’t save her as her body couldn’t bear the pain of giving birth of two person.

    But I still wanted to move on for her, for our kids. I smiled slightly as I rubbed her tomb. “You’d be mad at me for bringing our kids here at this gloomy day. But they will be gloomy all day because didn’t have a chance to visit you for today. Sorry for losing the fight, I’ll be a better father tomorrow.” I cracked a joke. Hope she heard me from there.

    “Mama, I saw all your photos that papa had taken before. You are beautiful. I wish I could look exactly like you when I grow up.” Annie said in her cute voice.

    “Me too! Next year, papa said me and Annie will go to a kindergarten. I’m so excited! Don’t worry mama. Papa will kick any boys who tried to bully us.” Rennie said.

    Both of them went on and on about how was their day. That makes me smiled even more.

    As both of them tired of the talk, I hugged both of them in a tight hug. “You’re going to be a proud mommy, sweetheart. I love you. Always.” I touched her tomb before got up on my feet.

    The cloud moved aside to let the sunlight through them. The gloomy day passed as I’m expecting a new happiness for both of my angels.

    After both of them climbed up on the back seat, I throw a look at the cemetery again.

    “Get a nice rest, Ann.”