Chapter Twenty-Five - Doctors

Few days had passed since Ryan was sick. He is getting well now. He even started going for work since yesterday.

But today is Friday.

I pried my eyes opened as I remember what the day it is. Ryan is still locking his strong arm around me as he sleeps soundlessly.

The morning sunlight didn't blind my sight but it's still too bright. I make no move and just lay there. I turned my body and faced his gorgeous face. Hugging him closer and tighter make me felt safe; even though my cheeks betrayed me for blushing hardly because I just pressed my body to his without even single cloth that in our way.

He felt sooo warm.

What I felt towards him isn't just a normal feeling; I wanted him in my life. Still, I don't have the courage to tell him the truth.

I love him so much. I don't wanna lose him.

"You're hugging me too tight." Ryan muttered under his breath.

I smiled as I stared at his bare chest. "Good morning, baby."I replied.

Ryan leaned over and kissed me above my head. "Good morning, sweetheart." He said. This cliché and classy nickname is giving me a girly feeling.

"Ryan..." I whispered in fragile tone.

"Hmm?"

"What if... What if I don't have a good life in my past?" I said.

Ryan push me slightly; just enough to see my face as he holds up my chin to look at him. "Then you should leave the past." He said.

"I mean... What about our... relationship?"

"What about it?" He asked back.

"Are we still...?" I tried but failed; again.

Ryan pulled me into his hug again as he is caressing my hair with his fingers. "I've heard from Taylor that you're asking about the woman that worked for my assistant in the past. I think I remember about blabbing some girl's name during my inability to think straight." He mentioned the day when he was sick before.

I'm being curious for a long time since Carlos can't look for the detailed of that woman.

"Her name is Lena. We're going to the same high school. By then, we're just a normal friend. When we graduated, she took medical course and continues her study in New York City. She was about to take a Master for doctor. But she failed. And that's when she came back to town." He continued.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked but he stopped me.

"I want you to know what I was like before." He said. 'Was'?

He continued again. "Being jobless in town making her looked so depressed. She wanted to take the Master so badly and being a doctor. But she needs a lot of money to go for that course again. Since her family can't afford it, she looked for a job around the town. That's when she signed in to work for my assistant."

"The business world and medical is a huge different. But it's fine because she could organize things and done it perfectly from the given orders. For a year, she worked with me. Then, you know what will happen. We fall in love with each other."

"She said she is going to forget about the study of medical and work in business world for her entire life. We've spend days and nights together, I mean, everyday. But one day, when I'm about to propose her to become my wife for my life; she showed up at the same day and asking for quitting the job. I tried to think other reason like maybe she didn't want to work in that place anymore and hoping that her quitting won't affect our relationship. But... I was wrong."