Chapter One - Life Threatening Moment

The shouting and gasping from the people in the markets are echoing along as I speed up my runs, leaving the noisy crowd behind me. I saw a stall of fruit ahead me that is only feets away. Thrusting forward, I used all my inner energy to pull the stall down to the ground. It caused the fruits like apples, bananas and berries are spreading on the floor.

    Although I received harsh words and shouts from the owner, I know it worth it. Turning my head to the back, I noticed two of the men who wear suit were falling on their face first to the ground as they failed to balance themselves from the slippery ground that filled with fruits.  When I was away from the markets, I managed to stop a taxi for my ride. I don’t decide where I should go now so I just instructed the taxi driver to just drive away from that place.

    Pulling out my mobile phone from my jeans with shaky hands, I tried to call dad for some help. Instead of answering my call, I received few of messages from dad.

    ‘Don’t go back to the apartment. Find another place that is far from here to hide. Don’t even use this phone again. They might get you. I’ll find a way to settle things down. Be safe.’

    To say I am mad was an understatement. Which place should I go? I don’t have any passports and I don’t have any clothes and money with me. How will I pay the taxi driver?

    “Can you bring me out of this city? I mean to town that are less people.” Okay, I might sound like I already killed someone. “I just wanted to find a place that away from this busy and noisy street.” I explained, hopefully he bought it.

    “Yes, miss. We are now heading to east. There is a small town there but that place is surrounded by jungles. I hope you don’t make a wrong choice because people who live in the city couldn’t fit themselves in a place like that.” He slowed down the speed as he waited for my answer, worry that I’d change my mind.

    A place that surrounded with forest, not a good choice but I can hide in those places. “I’ll be fine. We’re going there.” I commanded.

    With a simply nod, he drove the taxi and keep up with the speed again. I looked back to my hands which still holding the phone. Turning it off, I gripped the phone firmly until the screen cracked a little. I pushed the window’s button down and threw the phone to the deserted road side. If someone found it, no one would want it either.

    I saw the deserted road side that we’re passing through for hours. It’s a very close symbolic to my life – dead. My inner side already died since I was a little kid. Although living with uncountable money, it doesn’t mean anything to me either.

    My life could rip off from me whenever or where ever. I still didn’t believe myself for running away from those killers that were sent by my father’s enemy. I just followed my instincts that don’t want to die yet and still believe in those fairy tales that said ‘there is hope’.

   The last time I met my father is yesterday when he said he will going far away for jobs for few days or maybe weeks. I’d never proud of him. He loves his job by doing illegal business and feed me up with that dirty money. I had no choice but to follow.

    My father is Bruce John – cruelest mafia leader in Western. Just because of the conflict with his friend, William Seth who the only one knew my existence, my life turned from terrible to horrible life.

    I’m lucky because I don’t have any sibling and no friend, so I don’t have to worry about other people that might get kill. And I felt so unlucky as well because they wanted only me to die. Not that I’m trying to drag someone six meters underground with me.

    Sighing in tiredness of sitting in the taxi’s seat, I cracked my neck to left and right and doing some sitting exercises.

    When I turned my head to the back, I noticed there is a black car is going for the same way to my destination.  “Are we there yet?” I asked the taxi driver. The sun still shinning but it’s going to sink soon maybe about two hours. I need to run away from whoever following me and I need to run away from the taxi driver because I don’t have money to pay him.

    “We’ll arrive at gas station in 5. Would you like to stop?” The taxi driver asked.

    “Sure, I need a bathroom.” I lied. Of course he believes it. Poor taxi driver, I’ll find him once I’m free with this mess and pay him triple or maybe double – with legal money.

    It didn’t take long to arrive at the gas station. The place isn’t crowded but it got some customer who strolling in and out from the mini shop at the gas station.

    As the taxi stopped, I went to the bathroom and told the taxi driver maybe he wants to fuel up the car before we continue the journey.

    The bathroom is located at the back of the gas station. I sneak my head to the front station and found out the black car that followed behind earlier also stopped there. A moment later, two men came out of it and heading to the taxi driver.

    I noticed they are interrogating him. Without wasting any time, I ran toward the tall green plants that are facing the ladies restroom. If there’s corn field, there’s a barn. I smiled to myself – finally finding an escape way.

   As I creating my own path at the middle of corn fields, I noticed some movement behind me. The sound of cracking plants means someone was doing the same thing as I was – crushing down the corn plants for path.

   The evening wind slightly landed on the plants causing it to bending downward slightly. Nervous about being exposed, I kneel down and clamped my hands onto my face to cover up my loudly heavy breath.

   “Hey! Brian! I don’t think that girl will go that way. Let’s search for the nearby town!” A man shouted far away from that place, his voices sometimes are drowning as the wind increasing its blowing level.

    I could clearly hear a sigh and boots step behind me. That’s mean the killer were behind me about feets away!

    The retreated steps behind me allowed me to breath in a lot of air (probably wind). Relieve that I could finally get away from those men. Bringing my hands down my face, I waited for a moment once the man footsteps completely gone.

    Then, I continue my escape way out of these plants. After a long torturing walk (I bleed my skin due to the sharp corn’s leaves), I finally arrived at wide space area.

    By then, my surrounding was already dark indicating that the days going to end soon. The place is so silent except the sound of the crickets.

    Wandering around, my eyes landed on the big red house stood proudly not far from where I stand. Thanks to my own strength, I still got energy to walk to the big barn.

    A blue truck was parked on the middle of the barn. The place’s ground was filling with dried plants and muddy soil. My eyes were sparkling once it’s landed on the piled of dried plants at the end of the barn. Landing my butt on it, I lay down as I squeeze my eyes tightly.

   Although the place isn’t as comfortable as my room and my own bed, I’d still thankful that I managed to get away from those dangerous men outside there.

    It’s impossible for me to find a place to stay in nearby town on this late; I decided to sleep in the barn for the whole evening and night. My limbs started to ache but the pain lessens once my eyes dropping.

    Curling into a shaped of ball, cause I’d desperate for some heat, my tiring days finally about to end. Slowly, I let myself enjoying the dreams that came over in my sleep.

    ***

  Hello my beloved readers,
   I thanks you all for clicking and reading on my story (actually I’m thinking of writing a novel). I appreciate it very much if you left your comments below and I’m really really really happy if you click on the vote button.
   Anyway, the story will be more fun (and rated) as you read further chapters.
    Well, what do you think?
    ;)