Chapter Eleven - A Gift From Hell

We walked along the small path that surrounded by tall trees. The wide blue sky that hung above us is mostly covered by the tall woods. The temperature is lower than in town. I admit that it's cold in here although we had walked and climbed the hill about an hour.

With Ryan leading us, I followed behind him as Taylor tailed behind me. Both of them are sweating due to heavy luggage that they're carrying. From behind, Taylor seemed to notice that I'm cold as I hug myself even tighter than before.

"Dianne." He called from behind as he handed his leather jacket to me. I grabbed it and mutter 'thanks'.

We continue our way. It felt like we are never going to reach the mighty villa that they had been blabbing about. I couldn't believe I lost too much stamina since I become a librarian.

"What about the cars that you both left there? Don't you two worry that someone might steal it?" I asked. Ryan loves his SUV so much, it seems impossible for him to leave his baby there alone, and he did.

"There is a house not far from there. Edrick is living there. We already informed him to take care of the car." Taylor replied from behind.

"Who is Edrick?" I asked curiously.

"He is a retired security from Hilton High School." Ryan said.

I nodded silently. Ryan makes no gesture want to stop taking a break. We're already walking about an hour, or more. How can both of them continue the journey with those weights that they carried and without stopping?

"You okay, Dianne?" Taylor asked from behind. He must be notice that I walked like a drunken lady.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I stated. My eyes rooted on the ground as I keep walking. My head felt dizzier from before. And I think I want to puke too.

I stumble into hard brick in front of me. As I bring my face to scold the brick, I stopped. Of course it's not brick. I'd stumble into Ryan's hard rock chest.

"I'm fine Ryan. Let's go." I said then looked down to my feet. My head becomes heavier than before.

"You didn't look fine." He stated as he look down at me. "The villa is close from here. Should we continue or take a break?" Taylor asked from behind.

"We should..." I said before I leaned even closer to Ryan. The blackness sometimes covers my sight but sometimes it goes away.

"Dianne." Ryan muttered before I fell into darkness.

***

I stare on the ceiling, the cream painting that mix up with beautiful patterns suddenly caught my attention to it. Where am I? What happened? I remember Ryan's room this morning. I was being forced to get up because of his nightmare. I can't quite remember what happen on the noon.

I think it's about to reach late evening as the light of sun that shimmering in the room had been decrease and become more red and orange. The fears of getting kill hit me. I quickly sit upwards as I began to alert of my surrounding.

The room isn't big enough to compare with Ryan's. But it felt homely as the antics furniture decorating every corners of the room. My toes touching the soft deep red carpets that lying on the floor as I tried to get up from the bed that only could fit in two persons.

I walked to the window and notice there is a small bathroom inside the room. At the outside, I saw the places are surrounded with woods. It's too dark but I think I saw someone on the front yard. Not someone, there are three of them, playing tags. A grown up man and two little kids are running around the yard as their cheerful laughter and shrieks erupting the silent place.