Chapter Four - Climb Up High

After taking an early shower that morning, I quickly changed to a dark black button-up shirt that tugged in to my pencil skirt; a beautiful office uniform that Ari had bought. In the kitchen, I clearly saw Ryan was preparing breakfast. Without even realizing it, I plastered a big smile on my face, touched that he would make breakfast for me too.

   "Good morning!" I greeted in delight.

    Ryan gives me a quick glance before turning back to the food in front of him.

    "The couch is big enough to fit me but I still prefer a comfy bed." Once I sit down, I grabbed the spoon and fork and dug in to the lovely breakfast. "What you want me to do for you today?" I asked. Ryan looked at me and he held a secret smiled.

    "First of all, you will come with me to town then we can go to my office." He said and finishing his breakfast. Oh no...

    "Town? Urm... Can we go straight to your office?" Now I'm acting like a boss. "I mean, I'm excited to see your office." Oh, why am I so pathetic?

    Ryan looked at me with those intense eyes. His icy blue eyes may in fire any second. I guess he didn't like to take orders from people. "Okay. We're going to town." I blurted nervously. I'm dead. The two men who interested in killing me might be camping in the town for now. They will be happy to see me.

    "Good. Now clean these dishes as fast as possible. We'll be leaving in five." He commanded and got off from his seat. I gasped with my mouth full of bread. I know it's not a pleasant sight to show for a hot cruel boss. But I quickly shoved my leftover into my mouth in desperate.

    I clumsily stood up from my seat and reach out for Ryan's plate that he left on the table. I wash the dishes quickly as I could; afraid that Ryan will use his scary cold eyes to fire me.

    "I'm done." I announced to Ryan (after 4 minutes later) who was sitting on the couch in his living room. I woke up early in the morning to tidy up where I sleep last night and I put all my clothes and stuff that Ari bought yesterday in the bathroom. I hate to admit it but the bathroom is officially my wardrobe now. Ryan doesn't care about it. He doesn't use that bathroom after all.

    I was slightly damped after washing the dishes. Ryan doesn't move or stiffen once I laid my butt on the couch beside him. He was... asleep?

    "Ryan?" I nudged his arm, which he'd crossed over his chest. But he didn't move an inch. He was leaning against the cushion and his head drooped down with his eyes both closed. I bring my head under his face curiously, just to make sure he's still breathing...
I bring back my face, he's still breathing.

    Then, yesterday memories hit me. He took my sleeping photo and save it on his phone. Well, I don't have phone now to snap his sleeping face. But I can delete my photo on his phone. I spotted a slim rectangle shaped in his jeans pocket at his left side. I smiled wickedly.

    Slowly and very carefully, I reach out his phone in his jeans pocket. It would be easy if his jeans weren't that tight. Frustrated, I've been thinking about ripping it off and taking the phone and run away from there.

    "You know, it's not nice to rape your new boss... although I might like it." A voice said in amusement on top of me. Once I look up, Ryan is fully awaked.
Clumsily, I took a few steps back and almost got my head hit at the edge of table.

    Putting a brave face as I stood up, I said, "I'm... I'm not... It's just a bug... got inside your jeans pocket." Save me, bug. Ryan put on his amused look, which makes my face even brighter in red. I tried to wipe it off but it's pointless.

    Ryan pulled out his IPhone in his jeans pocket. "I guess you still wanted to see your face in here." He showed up his screen saver; yesterday photo of me that he captured. I reach out my hand to take his phone but he got up. Now it's useless to reach because he is taller than me.