Chapter Two - New Fresh Air For New Fresh Life

My eyes snapped open to the sound of growling that came out of my stomach. I felt the dizziness in my head responding to my empty stomach.

    Pushing myself up from the bed (dried plants), I rubbed my arms and my back to let the dry plants separated from my skin and clothes. Once I fully standing up, my body were wobbly and felt like it wanted to lie back again.

    Reaching for something to grab, I placed my palm to my head and pinch my forehead to ease the pain. It’s not helpful but it can distract the pain in my stomach to my forehead.

    “Good morning, sunshine.” My hand fell off my face once unfamiliar male voices reach my hearing sense. It caused my head jolting to the front too quickly that it makes a cracking sound from my neck. Ignoring the pain, I scan the man in front of me; afraid that he is one of those who sent to kill me.

    The man wore a navy blue tight shirt that make his muscles to pop out from the thin fabric and hung the dark jeans on his hips. I looked back to his face and realized his pale blue eyes were locked to mine. Without even hearing his deep voice, I’m pretty sure a woman would already melt by his handsome look.

    “Done checking me out? Now tell me, why did you break in to my garage?” He said in a strict voice.

    “Garage? Where?” Ignoring the first question, I asked dumbly. So, this is the owner? He looks too young to be the owner for such a big place.

    “Here. You’re avoiding the question. Should I bring you to police station?” The man said in no tone of sympathy for me.

    I can’t go to police station; I don’t have any passport and identity card with me. They’ll lock me up in jail and asked many weird questions like I’m one of the terrorist.

    “No! I mean... you don’t have to send me to the police. I can go, now…” I said. Hopefully he let me go.

    He steps forward and walks around me, as if checking me wholly. “You broke into my place. Why should I let you go?”

    He makes it pretty clear I was the one who committed the crime here. I bite my bottom lips and act like an innocent little girl, letting myself to be scolded by ‘grandpa’. I hold back my chuckle, he is no grandpa.

    He looks around my age, and I never allowed myself to be scolded by anyone. Looking straight in his eyes, I tried to look tough and appear as not doing anything wrong.

    “I lost. When I got here, it’s already dawn and I don’t know where I should go. So, I’m just sneaked to this place and sleep here. It’s not like I’m stealing any of your properties.” I crossed my hands over my chest. I’d make it sounded logic.

    Although I know he would ask more question than that. A weird squeezing in my stomach making my head dizzy again. I can’t remember since when I eat food.

    “Please don’t send me to cops.” I said the last sentence in almost whispering. My head felt heavier than before.

    Before I knew it, I was leaning toward him as my eyes dropped and shut. I couldn’t make out what happen next, I was already passed out…

    ***

“Don’t worry, Mr. Steve. She’s just out because of hunger. When she awake, let her eat enough food. She will be fine soon.”

“Thanks, Doc.”

“You’re welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“Nothing. That’s all, for now, thank you again.”