Chapter Nineteen - Ryan's Younger Sister

The dim light in the restaurant make the surrounding felt calmer. The restaurant got a few customers who drowned in their own chatters. It's not too noisy and not too silent that helped me to feel relax.

I looked down to my own served food, it's yummy but that's not what important tonight. Looking down on the table makes me catch a glimpse of the beautiful garments that I wore - a sleeveless dark red dress that hugged my figure tightly and fell above my knee. It was a gift from Ryan.

Helen, an employer in Steve Corporation, also came by at the house this evening. She told me that Ryan called him up.

I was frustrated once I knew Ryan called her just to help me with the make-ups. Since Helen was the one who excited to help me, I can't blame Ryan for that.

She did apply a soft make-up that makes my smile looks brighter. I thanked her for that. Carlos... Yeah, Carlos. Thanks for embarrassing me in front of Helen. He kinds of 'making his move' on Helen.

'He got a look, but sometimes his dumbness got over him.' I said to Helen back then. She replied it with chuckles.

'He is hot, Dianne. The dumbness makes someone looks cuter.' She replied.

I wanted to ask her if she interested in him; it would be fun to tease them. But then I thought about Carlos can't be a cute boyfriend with gun. It sounds so wrong.

Ryan cleared his throat. I looked up at him. He is so handsome in that dark blue suit with his hair nicely combed. Those pale blue eyes fixed on mine that'd make my face flushed.

"How's the food?" He asked.

"Better than yours." I said jokingly.

He narrowed his eyes as he looked at me. "I can offer the chef to cook in our house." He said. Is he serious?

"You don't have to do that." I said. "To be honest, the food is - okay." I finished.

"Is that a statement not to make me jealous of the chef?" He smiled.

"You got jealous too easily." I stated. I wonder why he's being that way.

"That's because you're mine."

"Am I?" I asked teasingly.

Ryan put down the utensils that he was holding. He got up from the sit and walked towards me. Offering his hand, I put down the spoon on the dish and accept his hand.

As we're walking to the exit, Ryan placed a check on the counter and lured me outside without another words.

"Why we're leaving?" I asked in confused. We just got in there about half an hour ago. I'm not going to complain about it because I don't really like being in the fancy restaurant.

"I can't wait to make you're 'mine'." He stated creepily.

"W-what?"

"You heard me." He said. We're halting in the middle of street with a lively street performances and the cheering audiences.

Ryan placed his hands on my shoulders as he turned me to face him. "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me."

"I'm not. Maybe sometimes..."

"Dianne." He placed his hand on my cheek. "You look so beautiful." He said; making me paralyzed.

He continued, "I don't really like to be in the center of attention. But I really wanted to announce the whole world that I want you in my life." Oh... what is he saying?