Sixteen

Jhustyx's POV

Sitting here at this hospital and hearing that D was gone and not coming back, crushed me! I look over and see Tee crying and holding on to the bag of his belongings. I know she is hurting and there is nothing I can say or do to help her right now. They planned to get married tomorrow. They spent their two year anniversary with us in Florida and watched us get married at the court house.

I am scared of the news I will get about Mookie. Him, D and Huey all got hit in the drive by. The police are here taking a report from the guys. I can't control my tears. Seeing D family and mine crying has my emotions every where. I am so hurt, my life will never be the same. Today I lost a brother, our parents lost a son and my sister lost the love of her life. Two doctors walked out the doors.

Doctor: Mr. Richardson's  and Mr. Johnsons family!

Us: That's us

Doctor: Mr. Terrence Richardson's and Kevin Johnson's family?

Us: Yes we are both here! Is they ok?

Doctor: They are both out of surgery and are going to pull threw. Marcus unfortunately was paralyzed from the bullet in his back. Kevin will be fine, just need to rest.

When they said Terrence was ok but paralyzed I felt a knot in my stomach. I looked back to look for Tee but she was gone. I asked the doctor if I could go see him. They walked me to his room. He was laying in the bed and looked like he was in a lot of pain. I slowly walked in with both our moms with me.

Terrence: Baby don't cry come here!

Me: I was afraid I was going to lose you too!

Terrence: I told you I'm not going no where! What you mean too, J?

His Mom: Baby Dahmaryuhn didn't make it!

Terrence: Nah man y'all got to be lying! Go get my niggah man! Where is Tee? Tell me this shit not true!

We told him about D and how Tee left. He got quiet and sat there with tears falling down his cheek.  I held his hand and we cried together. His mom told him what the doctor said but it was like he didn't care because all he kept repeating was "it should of been me!"

Lucky POV

Man it's been a week since these mother fuckers took my brother from me. We buried him three days ago. He was laid to rest wearing a black and red tux and his casket was all white. He looked at peace but I know in my heart he is not. He left his family and his girl. I know he in heaven crying and asking to return. I been drinking every day since this shit happened. I just want my brother back man!

I was sitting in his room that night, looking at the pictures and stuff. I started going threw his drawers to make sure nothing was in there that he didn't want my moms to see. In the middle of going threw the last drawer I found three letters addressed to our mom, Tee and me. I opened up the one that had my name on it...

Dear Dahrmayhne,
Hey big bro, if you're reading this then something has obviously happened to me.
I'm writing this so you know what to do in case I'm not able to say this to you!
1). I need you to make sure mom doesn't give up and make sure she stays strong.
2). Make sure my baby Tee is alright. Go into the closet, grab my red and black nike bag, get the letter that was with yours and lastly get under the bed and take all that to my baby.
3). Lift up the mattress yo tall ass is sitting on and get that box from under there. That's all for you.
I love you and I know we going to miss one another but just know that I'm still and forever will be by your side big bro!
Tell Chip thanks for always believing in me. Go to the top of my closet, grab the black bag and give it to him!
I'm not at peace where ever I'm at but just know we gonna make it
Love you bro!
D