Chapter 2 - Settling In

Start from the beginning

"OKAY, lets go then... LEXI... ALEX... WE'RE LEAVINGGG!!!", I basically yelled so that they could hear me anywhere in the house.

"God damn woman, you just popped my eardrums!" Blondie said.

Crap. I still don't know his name. Oops.

I smiled slightly at his comment and asked, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Matt Jones", he replied.

"Aaaah. You look like a Matt. I'm pretty sure you'd look more like a Matthew if you let your hair go blond..... but I'm still gonna call you Blondie anyway", I said laughing.

Then I walked out to make sure all the boxes were gone and the twins were ready.

I found them in their room looking around and outside the window.

"I'm gonna miss this place", Lexi said.

"Me too", Alex said.

"Its okay guys we're gonna go to a new apartment, and you guys can decorate your room, and choose where all your stuff can go. It's gonna be fun", I said smiling. I truly believed they were going to like it.

"Hey TayTay?", Lexi asked

"Hmmm?"

"Lexi and I want to share rooms so we can always play with each other, and protect each other from nightmares and monsters", Alex said.

"Okay, you guys can share the biggest room in the apartment as long as you promise to always finish your homework before you start playing. And to not talk too much after bedtime", I said making sure to lay down the rules for them.

"We promise!", they both said simultaneously. I giggled a little. I could never get used to that.

We all went downstairs and out the house. I got the kids settled into the truck but when I tried to get in the driver looked at me and said, "Sorry, miss but you gotta go on another truck. Its not legal for more than 3 passengers in this truck."

I stared at him. Ah damn. This guy looks kinda trustworthy but then again I have major trust issues so...

"I promise I'll take good care of them", he said as if he knew what I was thinking. Then he said "I got three kids and a wife waiting for me at home. I'm not gonna do anything stupid, I drive carefully, and I'll treat these children as if they're my own."

Okay now I trust him. Kinda

I smiled at him and nodded. Then I told the kids to take one last final look at their old home and to say goodbye, "BYEEEEEEE", they both screamed at the top of their lungs.

I laughed and shut the door, they were the first truck to start moving. Then I went to the boss guy whose name was Billy and asked, "Which truck has room for me?"

He pointed to it and said, "That'll be the next truck out and then I'll be bringing up the rear with my truck.

I nodded and walked to the truck which was parked to the right of my old house. I hopped in without looking at the driver and said, "Well howdy partner, looks like your stuck with me for the drive".

"I don't mind", said a familiar deep voice. I whipped my head to the side and started at him in disbelief "You know how to drive an 'effin truck?!?!"

"Yeah" he said like it was obvious. Which it probably was. but I was not thinking clearly right now.

"How many times have you done it?"

"Lots"

"...... Aaand I still don't feel safe with you driving".