15 : Not So Normal Wednesday

Start from the beginning

"See you later! Good luck on your first abnormal day!" Ji Min told you as she entered her classroom. You continued walking along the hallway since your classroom is a little farther than hers.

"Hey, isn't she the Class D?" You heard one student whisper as you passed by.

"So it's true? She's really a Class D?" Her companion whispered back.

"Wow, I didn't know I was this famous," you murmured sarcastically to yourself. You just tried to ignore them and the curious stares you were receiving from the other students.

Rumors sure spread fast.

Even when you reached your classroom, your classmates were giving you weird looks and some whispered among themselves. You took a deep breath and continued to your desk.

"Good morning Joo Ri," Sehun greeted cheerily.

"Ayo waddup Joo Ri?" Chanyeol also greeted you. "Detention wasn't that bad, was it?"

You looked at the two of them for a long while.

Their treatment towards me didn't change even though they know I'm class D.

"Joo Ri?" Sehun asked.

"Ya! Song Joo Ri!" Chanyeol said as he continuously snapped his fingers in front of you.

"Oh, sorry," you said.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah," you smiled. "I was just thinking of something."

"What?" Chanyeol asked.

"Something nice," you answered as you gave the two of them a grateful smile.

"Thanks," you said to the two of them.

"What for?" Chanyeol asked confused.

You just shrugged in response as you took your seat.

"Ya, what for?" He asked again but your Monsterology teacher had already arrived, which turned out to be Mr. Shim, your language teacher. He gave a contemptuous glare at Chanyeol (he still had not gotten over detention yesterday), shook his head and placed his things down on his desk.

"Song Joo Ri, please come over here for a while," he called.

You went over to him, wondering what he wanted.

"I understand you came from a human school. But I still need a reference for your grades for half the term that you were not here," he told you.

"Oh, okay teacher. I understand. What do I have to do?"

"You may request for a special catch-up class from the school. However you have to pay a tuition fee for it, and it might be a little expensive for you since you'll be the only one enrolling. So I thought of an alternative for you. The lessons are not that difficult compared to your other monster subjects since it's only a general study about the different kinds of monster. I think you can study it on your own. We're already at lesson twenty-two today. So what I want you to do is to self-study on lessons one to twenty-one, then make a comprehensive report about what you learned on each lesson. You need to submit the report before the end of this term. I deemed this better than to have you pay for catch-up lessons and take all the previous exams for this class. Does that sound reasonable to you? Or do you want to go with the catch-up class?"

"I'll go with the report, teacher. Thank you very much," you answered gratefully. You didn't know how your mother is supposed to pay for extra lessons.

"Alright then. You can come to me if there are things that you don't understand with the lessons. Please go back to your seat now. I'll be starting class."