I was about to explain everything to her, when all of a sudden I watched her eyes go black.

Pulling against the chains, I tried to lunge forward at her.

The second the key hit the wall above me, I focused my attention on it, slamming back against the wall to prevent the key from hitting the wall. I wouldn't be able to get it off the ground if it fell.

My Mate needed me. I had to get her out of here. Now.

The way she attacked Carol made me struggle against getting Eva to safety or getting the key.

I pushed myself off the wall, my hands catching the key behind me, before trying to unlock the cuffs on my wrist.

Something about Eva in this moment frightened me, and I did all that I could to get my hands free before I could unlock my legs.

As soon as I was free, I raced towards Eva, grabbing her in my embrace and pushing her behind me.

Carol had a bruise forming on her left jaw and tears streaming down her cheeks.

I held Eva back as she tried to go for Carol again, her growls the only sound she made with her black eyes.

She was in complete vicious animal form.

"Make it quick," I said to Carol, my arms holding Eva's back on my chest, trying to ignore the long missed sensations.

"Southeast wall. 15 minutes. Your brother's in the 18th cell," was all she could mutter through her tears.

I didn't bother thanking her, only nodding stiffly.

"Get your mate out of here," was the last thing I ever said to her, pulling the rabid Eva out of the room with me.

She tried to break the door, but I kept her away, not in need of the unnecessary sounds.

"Eva," I hissed as she struggled in my arms, her animal eyes snapping towards me, "Stop."

My alpha tone leaked through, but since she was in her half-phase, in between shifting and human form, she calmed herself.

The need to have her pulsated as her dangerous eyes had a glint of seduction in it though she didn't seem to do it on purpose.

I tried to ignore my needs, grabbing her hand and pulling her with me. I was slightly surprised that she ran alongside me, her prey in the other room being left behind.

We ran in what seemed a circle, anger bubbling inside me since I was getting a sense of being lost.

Once I stopped to see what kind of place we were at, Eva kept running a different direction, my hand grasping hers made me follow her.

Normally I would doubt another with directions, but i had my complete trust in my Mate.

We had stopped a few times in the maroon halls, waiting for their human guards to cross.

In a total time of leaving the room, about 5 minutes had passed before we began going down a dark cellar like room. Cells with rotting smells filled my senses as we raced down each of them, my eyes scanning for the 18th cell.

My eyes hardened as the cells went to 22, yet there was no 18. The room at the end caught my attention as it did not have a number.

Eva pulled me forward with her, her other hand clawing at the old wooden door.

I eyed it, before gently letting go of her hand, thankful that she stayed beside me.

Her eyes were still black as far as I could tell, but her eyes stayed glued to the door in front of us.