Ashton: Horror movies scare me

"Are you sure you want to watch this?" You asked your boyfriend nervously. The boy nodded, his curly brown hair falling in his face as he did. You sighed and opened your DVD player "I don't get why you like horror movies Ashton," You said to him as you closed the box "They scare the crap outta me." Ashton just chuckled and smirked at you "That's why I like them." You rolled your eyes and sat on the couch next to him, getting comfortable before you turned on the tv.

After a few minutes of you and Ashton boringly watching the trailers the movie screen came on. Ashton sighed and hit play "That took long enough." "Fifth time, we could have skipped the trailers." Ashton pouted and looked at you with puppy eyes "I wanted to make popcorn." You giggled "I told you we don't have any." Ashton leaned back in his seat and got comfortable, speaking dramatically "It's okay, I'll just starve." You rolled your eyes and snuggled up next to him, still wondering why he liked these movies so much.

You clung to Ashton. This movie was scary to you, but probably a walk in the park for him. You hated these movies so much, but you knew he loved them. You stared at the screen as the credits rolled by and let out a sigh of relief. Ashton turned off the TV and turned to you, letting out a small chuckle. "You're such a chicken, you know that (___)?" You pouted and crossed your arms defensively "It's not my fault these movies are so scary!" Ashton pulled you closer to him and wrapped his arms tightly around you "Why are you always so scared of these? I'm right here. I'll protect you." You smiled at him and rolled your eyes "Yeah right. If horror movies were real you'd probably pee yourself once you saw the killer or monster- or whatever it is." Ashton gave you puppy eyes "But I'm strong, and I wouldn't let anything hurt you!"

   You giggled and placed a small kiss on his cheek. He grinned and returned the kiss, this time on your lips. You kissed back and eventually pulled away, placing your head on his shoulder. You closed your eyes as you became comfortable.

"You're still a chicken though." He said suddenly. You lifted your head off his shoulder, which caused him to pout. You mimicked him, which caused a smile to crawl on to his lips. He brought his face closer to yours and stared at you intensely, which confused you.

   Ashton's hazel eyes stayed on you, his whole appearance perfectly still. "Ashton?" You cocked your head as you questioned at the still boy. "Ash? Are you okay?" You were starting to get worried and your voice cracked as you spoke his name again "Ashton please. What's wrong? C'mon stop messing with me!" You covered your face with your hands out of confusion and let out a frustrated groan.

  You heard a familiar chuckle coming from in front of you and lifted your head to see Ashton with a goofy smirk on his face. "I was waiting for that." He said as he let out a small laugh. You hissed and punched him in the arm, which made him let out an "ow" before he rubbed the spot you had hit him. Ashton peat you and pulled his lips down into a frown. Sheesh, sorry (___)." You giggled and rolled your eyes "It's fine," you mumbled "I just- thought you were dying or something." Ashton put his arm around you and ran his fingers through his curly brown hair.

  "Don't worry. I'll be around for a pretty long time," he said as he placed a kiss on your lips. You grabbed his hand and held it tightly, comforted by what he said to you. "Thanks Ash." You mumbled as you placed your head on his shoulder.

You sat with your eyes closed, Ashton keeping you company. He held you close, and made you feel safe, like he always did. Just as you felt like you were about to fall asleep his voice interrupted your peace. "We should watch another scary movie."

  You removed your head from his shoulder, your lips pressed together as you turned to face Ashton. You stared at him, a blank expression on both of your faces. After a few seconds of that, Ashton started to let out a laugh, that to you was absolutely adorable. "Are you kidding me?" You asked him "Serious." Ashton replied, his eyebrows furrowed sternly.

  You let out a small sigh and whined "I don't have any more movies Ashton!" Ashton shrugged and reached down the a bag at his right leg. When he lifted himself back up he had three movies in his hands. "But I do," he stated proudly "So which one? The Ring, Ouija, or Jaws?" You examined the movies in his hands and pointed to the one you finally picked. "From what I've heard, Jaws seems like the least scary one. And it shouldn't be that bad. I mean, cause all it is a stupid shark that's five feet or so bigger than other sharks. So let's go with that."

  Ashton threw- literally threw- the two other movies onto the floor. One of them was Jaws. "The Ring it is then!" He exclaimed as he lifted the small case towards you. You attempted to push the movies case away "Um, Ashton, I said I wanted to watch Jaws." All you got was a sly smirk "Well you said because you thought it was the movie that wasn't really scary," he mimicked your voice. Which actually sounded  like you, even though Ashton's voice was extremely low compared to yours. "And from what I've heard, this one is the scariest. It shouldn't be that bad. I mean, cause it's a stupid little girl that is deader than everyone else. So let's go with this." You huffed and crossed your arms, just going along with it "Fine."

You held the pillow close to you with your left arm, your right hand clung to Ashton's thigh. "See? It wasn't that bad." He remarked as the credits came onto the screen, making the dark room even darker. You turned to Ashton, your lips pulled back into a huge frown. "'Wasn't that bad' that movie was horrible! I nearly wet my pants five times!" You nearly shouted as you shoved him slightly, causing a chuckle to escape his lips. "It's not funny!" You growled, your voice filled with anger. You started to hit him multiple times, huffing with almost every hit. He seemed unfazed by your fists hitting him in the chest multiple times, you on the other hand, were nearly out of breath.

    "You done?" He asked you, lazily swatting at your hands. "Did......I......hurt you?" You questioned as you lowered your head down, trying to regain breath. "If I say yes will you stop (___)?" Ashton pestered, you nodded slowly "I guess," "Then yes." He said as he leaned on his hand.

You sat in silence with Ashton until he let out a loud-and fake- yawn. You have a questioning look before he spoke "I'm bored of movies, and it's pretty late. We should go to bed." You raised your eyebrows and yawned "Can I spend the night?" You asked him hopefully. He pretended to be thinking and soon replied "Sure, why not." You grinned at him and stood up, grabbed his wrist, and yanked him behind you as you two headed for Ashton's room.

__________________________

I assure you they're only sleeping, don't get any ideas. But I'd like to apologize for lack of updates, I've been busy with school and stuff. And I know this chapter isn't as long as they usually are, but you're just gonna have to live with it. So I'll be sure to try and update more. Stay tuned for the next chapter.