Support

I stop by Lucas's house, after dropping Jeff back at the mansion, I didn't care what Masky or Hoodie said I wasn't bringing them to Lucas's house while he was grieving.  They insisted that they came but I didn't want them to come, it would be awkward for everyone in the room.  Salem is still dormant from the power surge, I don't think I'll be hearing from him for a few hours.  

I park the car and slowly get out, I wonder how he's holding up.  His friends died today...  I saw them die today...  I guess I never realized that the people who get killed, or even corrupted, mean a lot to other people...

I walk to his door and hesitantly knock.  I hear a small "Come in..." and I open the door.  Lucas is on the phone standing with his back towards me his shoulders hunched over.  

"Look, I have company now so we should continue this when I'm free again." He says and hangs up.

He puts the phone on the table and continues to stare at it before turning around to face me.  I see tear stains against his face...  He's probably been alone since I was with Jeff... and since his friends are dead... he has more friends... he has to.  He's always had more friends than me.  More support.

He presses his lips together and takes a deep breath.  

We stand in silence, I'm not sure that either of us know what to say.

"Hi..." He says quietly.

"Hi." I say back matching his tone.

He looks down,"Why does this happen to me?" 

That's right... his parents died when he was close by as well, and one of his friends jumped off a hotel balcony while he was in the other room.  He's been near death too many times for a normal person.

I don't know what to say... I can't say anything, I don't know anyone who's died.  I've never been near death before... I can't relate to him at all...

"Becca... don't leave me." He whispers.

"Why would I?" I whisper back.

"Secrets... everything's covered in secrets.  I wish I could tell you them but I'm not... I'm not strong enough to tell you..." he looks up slowly towards me.  What secrets?  Why is he telling me this?

I take a deep breath,"Everyone has secrets... sometimes you just have to open them up to people you trust.  But never open up the big secrets until you know they won't tell anyone the little secrets." 

He looks at me, seemingly happier, and walks over to me.  It's weird, but something doesn't smell right about him, I can't put my finger on it either.

"Let'start spilling secrets then." his sky blue eyes pierce into my soul.

"Your grieving process is weird." I whisper.

He slightly laughs,"I know."

He grabs my hands,"You start."

I smile at the floor,"Okay this is going to be stupid, Brian and Tim buy everything for me.  They bought me 200 dollars worth of books the other day without even questioning it."

"That's a little weird..." Lucas says calmly.

"Your turn."

He smiles at me,"Well, I don't like my adopted parents."

"I already knew that." I smile back.

He looks at the ground,"You know so much about me though."

"Think of something that you haven't told me." I say standing on my toes trying to intimidate him.

He thinks,"Um... Matt taught me how to shoot a gun."