The Girl With A Heart Full Of Kindness. Part 1: For alphaflower123

Start from the beginning

I nodded and ran after her. I wasn't going to turn her in, I knew that. I was just curious. I may have only looked at her for a few seconds, but I knew she would have a very good reason to steal if she did. And she did.

I was a fast runner and quickly caught up to her, but stayed a bit behind as I followed her. She ran a few blocks and to another large alleyway. This one had a bunch of cardboard boxes around it and soon eight or ten children came out and surrounded her.

"(N/N)!" they cheered. "Did you bring us anything?"

"Yes, I did," she smiled. They beamed and waited eagerly for her to hand out bread, some meat (which they all gasped and giggled about), and a squashed cake. Once the children spotted the cake they started bouncing.

"You got cake!"

"What's cake?" a few of the younger ones asked.

"Cake!"

"Oh goodness!" a little girl smiled.

A boy and girl, obviously a few years apart, stood a few feet away from the crowd of kids. The boy, the younger one of the two, gripped onto the girl's hand tightly, wonder and happiness glistening in his eyes. The girl had the same, but neither made an attempt to go any closer to the crowd of starving children.

The girl stole the food to feed the homeless, starving kids, I concluded. I smiled at her generosity. She risked so much to feed them. And with how unnaturally thin she was, I wouldn't be surprised if she was starving herself. Yet, she still gave food to the children first. How come? Most people would have kept the food and eaten it themselves, yet, she shared. In fact, she seemed to enjoy sharing.

She split the bread and meat up between the kid's equally, including the two standing in the back. I noticed that she had noticeably less than everyone else. No one else seemed to notice, either that or they were all use to it. She made them eat the bread and meat before even touching the cake. And once everyone was finished, she cut a fourth of the cake and split that evenly among the kids.

"(N/N)," a boy said, "there's still a lot of cake left."

She nodded, smiling kindly at the young boy and patted his head. "Of course, Robby. Would you rather eat all of the cake today or have some tomorrow and the day after that?"

"The second one." Many echoed the same answer.

She giggled and patted his head again, "That's what I thought. No one is to touch the cake except me. I'll pass out more after supper tomorrow. Or lunch. Whichever you want."

"Lunch!"

"Supper!"

"Supper!

"Lunch!" A chorus of votes cried.

"A visitor!" one shouted over the rest. A young girl, the one who stood apart with the boy, pointed at me.

All their attention turned towards me and I ducked around the corner. I was about to make a run for it when the girl jumped in front of me.

"Hello!" she greeted cheerfully. "You're the boy from earlier, right?" I nodded. She beamed. "Yay! I remembered! Want to join us for supper? We don't have any meat left but we have bread and cake."

"Nah, I'm good," I politely declined.

She didn't object. "Okay. Can you at least stay for a while? We don't get many visitors. It would be a shame if you left so soon."

I didn't have anywhere to be and was still wanted answers from the kind and caring girl. "Alright."

"Yay!" she squealed. She took hold of my wrist and brought me into their "home". "Everyone, we have a visitor today! His name is," she trailed off and looked at me.

"Hiccup."

"Hiccup," she repeated. "Hiccup, this is Sally, Carina, Kathy, Hadley, Oliver, Robby, Dally, and Rae. Oh, and I'm (Y/ N), but you can call me (N/N)."

"Hello," I said, awkwardly. I wasn't very good with people, let alone homeless, starving children. Or any child, at that. 

"Hi, I'm Hadley. I'm seven," a little girl said.

I smiled and knelt down on my good/ real leg. The other I lost in the same accident that took my mom's life.

"Hello," I repeated. "I'm Hiccup."

She giggled, "That's a unique name." I laughed with her, slightly shocked she didn't call my name weird or funny like most others did.

"Yeah, it is."

"Yes, it is," (Y/N) corrected, hitting my head.

"Thanks what I said."

"No, you said "yeah" not "yes"."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. This girl was quickly starting to get on my nerves.

"Hiccup, will you tell us about yourself?" Hadley asked, smiling.

"Yes, please," others chanted.

"Um, my father is chief of police, I'm seventeen-"

"(N/N) is seventeen too!" Dally, I think his name was, interrupted.

"Really?" I asked, at the same time (Y/ N) scolded him for interrupting me.

"Yes, I am."

"Cool. Well, I live a few blocks down and go to school at Berk High."

"Cool," the kids beamed.

"(Y/ N) homeschools us," Rae stated.

"Oh, really?" I asked, eager to find out more of the girl.

"Yes. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday we'll go to the library and read the textbooks," Kathy said.

"Interesting. Well, I'm clumsy, stupid, failing most of my classes, unlikable-"

"I doubt that, Hiccup," (Y/ N) said. "You've lost your mind in the sound of other's negative words. Stop that. Count your blessings not your flaws. I haven't known you very long and I like you. Your posture, the observant but also lost look in your eyes, careful but untrusting words prove to me that you are anything but stupid."

"No, no. You don't have to lie to-"

"I'm not lying. You don't get what all this is about, you're too wrapped up in your self doubt. Stop that. Get rid of the monsters inside your head. You're smart, kind, caring, and hot-" she slapped her hand over her mouth.

I smirked at her red cheeks. "What was that? I didn't quite catch that."

"Shut up," she muttered, turning to her cleaning again.

"Will you be (N/N)'s friend?"

I froze. I looked over at (Y/ N), who was tidying up. "What?" she asked, obviously shocked.

"Why?"

"Well, she doesn't have many friends. We want to have at least one friend," Sally said.

"I don't need any fri-" she started.

"I'd love to be her friend," I answered, turning my head to smirk at her shocked expression.

"Well, it's getting late. Goodnight, everyone. Thanks for having me," I said, standing up.

"Bye, Hiccup," they repeated.

"Good night, Hiccup," (Y/ N) said, formally.

"No need for the formality, friend." I started walking home. I paused and looked back at (Y/ N). "Oh, and thanks for your kindness, (N/N). I really appreciated it."

"You're welcome. It was nice meeting you."

I walked home quickly, thinking of (Y/N) the whole time. Even as I got ready for bed and as I was going to sleep. Maybe our friendship would be good. Maybe she can make me happy again. Maybe this'll be good for both of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~