"I... I think I'm slowly falling in love with her."

I felt my cheeks heat up at my confession and my heart is filled with so many emotions. I can't help but smile at the thought of Camila. I have never admitted any of that out loud before especially how I think I'm falling in love with her.

"Lo," Normani starts with a sigh, breaking me out of my thoughts. "I don't know how I feel about this."

She stood and began pacing the room while I watched.

"I mean yeah I noticed how you've become happier than you were like two months ago. But Lauren this is your sister for fuck sakes."

I ran a hand through my hair, "We're not blood though."

"Well no shit," Normani said harshly. "But your parents are married. What's going to happen when they find out?"

I jumped to my feet and stood in front of her, "Mani you can't tell them!"

"Relax I'm not a snitch."

I let out a breath of relief.

Out of nowhere she reached out and hugged me. I reciprocated as she spoke, "I'm going to need time to wrap my head around this. Don't worry I won't tell anyone, I just need some space to figure out how I feel about my best friend dating her step-sister."

My heart dropped and sadness washed over me, "Does that mean we won't hangout tomorrow at Fall Fest?"

"I'm sorry but like I said Lo, I need some time."

So that means no.

I hug her tightly, "I'm sorry Mani, it wasn't supposed to be like this. It just.. kind of happened."

She pulled back with a sad smile on her face, "I know, you can't control what you feel."

I nodded and stood there as she grabbed her purse that she had forgotten in the first place.

"We're still best friends right?" I asked.

"Of course we are," she said. "But like I said..."

"You need time," I finished the sentence for her.

Normani nodded and gave me one last hug before leaving. I looked out of my bedroom window and watched her drive away.

I let out a deep exhale and ran a hand through my hair. Fuck.

There was this sad and feeling of relief I had in the pit of my stomach. I felt relief because now its not a secret to my best friend anymore but sad because she doesn't exactly accept my relationship with Camila.

Oh yeah, she was waiting for me to get done with my conversation with Normani that ended like 10 minutes ago. Shit.

I grabbed my phone off my bed and pressed the lock button to see the time, 6:43. Putting my phone in my pocket I walked out of my room and right over to Camila's.

Quietly, I opened her door that was unlocked and went inside. I froze in place when I saw her standing with her back to me, looking out the window, singing.

Say you'll remember me
Standing in a nice dress
Staring at the sunset, babe
Red lips and rosy cheeks
Say you'll see me again
Even if it's just in your
Wildest Dreams

I was stunned I had never heard her sing before. Her soft delicate voice gave me chills and made the hairs on my neck and arms stand.

"Holy shit," I mumbled out loud. Camila whipped around, eyes wide and cheeks pink.