4. Disco insanity

Começar do início

"He will never stop picking on me about that." muttered Newt.

"He know I can hurt him." Salsa smiled.

She got up and tried to get her senses together after this moment of pleasure that made her forget of all the horror around her.

She hurried to the other room and tried to ignore the boys glances and quiet whispers. Sure they were all teens, with rising hormones and one of them suddenly got what they were all secretly dreaming off. The reaction was forseeable.

"Do you know this place?" Jorge pointed at the device in his hands.

Salsa looked at the screen and at the blue, holographic city map.

"It's a disco, a mad people disco, don't ask." she looked at Jorge. "Means trouble, but we can use this." she moved to her backpack and pulled small grenades out of it. "It's sleeping gas. 10 minutes later they'll all sleep like kids and you can go in and kidnap whoever you'd like."

"Sounds nice to me, at least I won't get beaten up again." muttered Minho.

"What about the ones outside?" asked Newt.

"You can use this." she found a small silver gun and gave it to him. "It's a electromagnetic force, knocks them out, but doesn't kill anyone."

He took the gun from her and his cheeks went red.

She knew he had his issues with killing people even in self defense.

"I want a thing like this too." muttered Frypan.

"Here. catch" Salsa threw another silver gun to him.

"Any other questions?" she asked.

"No" Jorge looked at Minho.

"So lets's pack, and take food and water for the way. We might not get shelter until we cross the mountains." Salsa looked around.

The loud music was coming out of a huge disco. Mad screams mixed with the vibrating sounds.

"They sell some pretty knockout drugs in their drinks." mutterd Salsa.

She glanced towards the building and noticed a old car that didn't look that devastated that was in the back of the club.

"Let's move." muttered Minho, taking one of the granades.

He and Jorge crawled next to the wall and moved closer to the club.

They went around it and found small windows that reflected the disco lights from inside.

They tossed the grenades into the club and run back.

"10 minutes." muttered Salsa checking the clock.

They heard movement and screams in the disco. Few people managed to get out, but they were so lost they ran towards walls and street lanterns.

The group waited patiently. Minho wasn't actually patient. Salsa saw his feet moving in the spot where he was standing. He was used to action, and he got lost in other, more calm situations.

"And, done." muttered Jorge who was checking his clock.

The group moved toward the disco,

still cautious.

"Don't move!" yelled Minho raising his gun and running into the dark entrance of the club.

Jorge followed right after him. The boys moved inside cautiuosly. Frypan was trembeling and Aris hid behind his back.

"Shi..." Salsa swore, looking around.

She was about to enter the club when she heard stones rolling down the pavenemnt.

"What's up?" Newt, who was waiting for her, turned around.

"Come, help me. We need to catch their attention." she run back to the street they had left seconds ago.

He follows after.

Now, he also heard it. Footsteps, heavy and fast. And they were humming in the dark.

"Do you see the car?" she pointed at the secluded yard.

He nodded.

"Take this and connect it with the main cables, you will find them right next to the engine." she took the glittering battery out of her backpack

"All cables must be connected form both sides. Okay?" she looked him in the eyes and he nodded.

He ran to the car quickly.

Salsa looked at the street. There were about fourty or fifty of cranks, all in their last state. They were coming closer, humming louder.

"Hope this holds you back." she took another small granade out of her belt and tossed it into the wall. A second later a huge explosion made the earth around it tremble. The cranks screamed in anger and frustration when the wall collapsed on them and pieces of stone and ash covered the group.

"Quicker, guys." Salsa glanced towards the club.

There was no movement inside and she got flustered.

The group of cranks somehow managed to free themselves from falling, burning stones, and now they moved towards the club with so much anger that Salsa froze. She galnced at Newt. He was working under the car hood.

She run back to the club and saw Aris.

"Did you find him?" she asked.

"Yes, Minho is taking him and Brenda out of the basement." muttered the boy.

"When you leave the club run, run towrds the mountains and don't stop." she looked him in the eyes. "And I'll try to stop these guys." she looked around and saw the first of the cranks appearing around the corner. 

A big thank you to all the people that read and support this story :) It means so much to me. The Scorch Trials movie is out, so if you like, let me know what you think about it?

If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote of comment :)

much love