She's my Sister!

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: She's my Sister!

She was so still.
The side table had a fresh bouquet, blue-ribbon was tied around the vase, cards had been written and opened then the foot of the bed, blue-ribbon had been weaved between the spindles. Her blue glasses had been taken off as left in the case, the anklet she got at Christmas, however, was still there at the top of her white socks. The nurses came around and brushed her hair, painted her nails and changed the water in the flowers.
She looked like mum. Lying there, not moving.

"Nev?" Dean walked up to me, his bag on his shoulder," Lunch is over, we have Defence."
Nodding, I placed the yellow fairy wings in front of the flowers and went to class. Celyn's friends gave me a sad look as I sat down; Harry and Ron sat huddled together looking at a piece of scrunched up piece of paper.
Lockhart walked down the stairs in baby blue, a fake sadness on his face.
"I know, we have all felt a loss – many of your classmates have been petrified, and the loss of a fellow student can be... hard." Lockhart pranced around the desks," As a fellow Ravenclaw me – "
"How the bloody hell did that happen?" Seamus asked, his eyebrows scrunched together.
"I know that losing a house member is difficult so it's only fitting we do something that brings us all together!" Lockhart clapped his hands," group acting!"

Slumping my head in my hands, drew patterns on the next – I just wanted to sit with my sister. McGonagall told me that as she witnessed Lisa's death, she probably won't be the same as she was; quieter even.
Sitting on the side of the classroom, Lockhart had the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins act out another chapter of one of the books we brought.

Exiting class as the bell went, Malfoy looked at me smugly as he stopped in front of me.
"What's the matter, Longbottom? "He smirked," Lost something?"
Zabini put a hand on Malfoy's shoulder," Leave it."
Malfoy laughed with one side of his face raised in a sneer – he put his arm around Parkinson's shoulders as he walked away with his follower in tow; leaving Zabini behind.
"Your sister was always kind to me, despite the friends I keep." He shrugged, "Hope she gets better."
He looked over his shoulder, following his friends down the corridor.
Dean ran over, his hand on my shoulder," What was that?"
"Nothing." I muttered," just worried."
Seamus nodded," She's your sister, it would be crazy if you weren't."
"I haven't told gran yet," I confessed.
Dean nodded," We'll help you write something."

In every class we shared, there were two spaces where Celyn and Hadleigh would sit sniggering about something, then Hermione giving them knowing glares. She was always there for me when I needed her, with mum and dad mostly – we distanced during school because we had our own friends, but we also shared friends like Dean and Seamus. Her friendship with Harry and Ron confused me, she helps them, yet she doesn't like them. I followed the class, keeping as quiet as I could.

The last bell went after Charms, I took off going back to the hospital wing.

Walking in, I sat by her bed- pulling out today's homework – talking it through as if she could hear me. There was a breath on my shoulder, turning around there was no one there.  I never realised how much I looked up to her, even though she guarded herself with sarcasm and has a huge attitude problem- she's my older sister. Always will be.
Madam Pomfrey walked in, a letter in her hand," Mr Longbottom, a letter."
putting my quill down, I broke the seal on the back.

NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM,
HOW COULD YOU NOT WRITE TO ME, INFORMING ME OF CELYN'S WELFARE!

I will be at the Hospital in due course as Dumbledore informed me, they were moving them to St. Mungos in the morning. I know you would've written in time but how worried I have been for the both of you.Please take care, and for the love of Godric boy, Stay Safe.

Love Nan.

As dinner rolled around, I left the wing only for a little bit – I couldn't leave her alone; if it was me, she wouldn't leave me.

Sitting next to Dean and in front of Harry, I pushed a roast potato around on my plate.
The Ravenclaw table was still quiet – many of them wearing a black stripe on the top of their ties in memory of Lisa. Ginny sat by herself - not a bean on her plate as tapped the table impatiently. Ron gave her a weird yet concerned look before turning back to the chicken drum sticks in the gold bowls.

"Hermione gave us a clue, now what?" Ron whispered badly.
Harry struggled," We can go see Hagrid tonight and see what he says about it."
Ron nodded," It's was cool of them to find that out before – "
"wait?" I looked up," She was in the library looking for something, for you?"
Harry opened his mouth like a fish out of water," well, yes?"
"She's my Sister!" I looked at them," how are you going to use whatever she helped found for you?"
"We don't know, yet," Harry confessed.
I nodded, without saying a word.

That night, I couldn't sleep just like the previous week. The moving picture on my bedside table was of Celyn – holding a baking tray in her hands with Gran behind her. Her dark hair was dusted in icing sugar, red icing was up the kitchen walls and on the ceiling. She was wearing a dress with a white apron – she was smiling (something she always did) with her two front teeth missing.  We made them for mother's day, not that mum remembered what day it was, but the slow smile mum gave us when we handed them over was something we always wanted.

"Neville?" Dead asked half asleep," You still awake?"
"Yeah." I sighed
Dean sat up," She'll be ok Nev."
"I know."
Dean nodded and went back to sleep.
She had to be ok, I can't lose anyone else.

Seamus and Dean stood with me as I watched them levitate her out of the Hospital Wing and to St. Mungo's. Gran held on to her hand as they moved her, she put her unusually cold hand on my shoulder as she followed Cel's stretcher.
Malfoy stood in the corner away from us, his arms crossed over his chest with his bag on his shoulder. I couldn't read his expression, but it was malice, it was almost sadness or regret.  When she went through with gran, he turned away and walked down the steps.

Fred ran up to us with a smile," Have you seen Ginny? Mum sent her a letter, George and I can't find her."
Dean shook his head' no'
"Haven't seen her since dinner last night." Seamus shrugged.
"She was at breakfast, but she didn't look well." I confessed," She ran out when Rose Wax said something to her."
Fred gave an overdramatic sigh then left us to walk to Defence.

Sitting down, Lockhart had a wide smile on his face and a quill in his hands," Today, you will write a poem displaying all my achievements  and the best one gets a signed book. Whose book I hear you ask.  Mine of course! You can start in now - hand it in, next lesson. Begin."

No words rhyme with prat, incompetent and self-centred bastard. Screwing up my piece of paper, I started again.

Gilderoy Lockhart, oh how he stinks,

Acting out all kind of fake tricks.Taking on Werewolves and Banshees,and he can do nothing, but hit them with a broomstick. Gilderoy Lockhart, oh what a prick,I do wish he would knock himself out,With a Broomstick.