Merry Christmas

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Merry Christmas.

Hermione paced up and down the aisle in the library – burning a hole in the ground.  She walked around our luggage before walking back the way she came.
"What's up?" Hadleigh asked, looking up from our astronomy homework.
"We need a way to knock out Crabbe and Goyle without them knowing," Hermione said still pacing, with her lips pursed.
"Could always try a sleeping drought. Its effects last three hours it should be more than enough." I said, not looking up from the textbook that lay open on the table as I wrote out a Christmas order form.
Her eyes winded, draping her arms around me and Hadleigh," Three minds are better than one. I'll see you guys on the train?"
Hadleigh creased her eyebrows," Sure?"
"So much for staying out of it." I sighed.
Hadleigh hummed in agreement," well you do dream the future, you might as well use it to the same advantage."
"I haven't dreamt in months, it's like I can't see past my own almost death."
Hadleigh tapped her quill on the desk," ok – theory time: Maybe you can't cause you're no longer there to inform them."
signing the bottom of the order form, I picked up the rest of my belongings on the table, "That's one way to think about it."
"Maybe it's the only way." She gave a tight smile," Come on – before we miss the train."

Pulling the blue scarf around my neck, we wheeled our trunks to the front gates of the castle – Neville had Drizella on her lead, her jaw clenched around one of her rope monkeys. Clipping my guitar case onto the leather straps
"Merry Christmas!" Isobel waved as she passed us with Lisa and Michael going into a Great Hall for Christmas Lunch.

In the black carriages, we talked about the past few months – coming up with conspiracy theories about the chamber of Secrets. Mostly it consisted of something or someone being trapped, or it was a secret underground lair like Batman's or The Fortress of Solitude.

"Did you hear what happened?" Dean asked as he sorted through his football cards.
Hermione nodded," Harry told me when he came into the common room, Nearly headless Nick and Justin had been petrified doesn't seem right – Justin seemed so nice before...."
"Before Harry Potter became a snake charmer and the could be heir to the house of Slytherin?" Hadleigh said, with an unusual amount of happiness. Running from the carriages to the station - we jumped into the nearest compartment.
From the train window, we watched as others made it to the train station, waving good-bye to their friends who had travelled with them before they went back to the castle. Drizella had her head on my lap as she curled up on the seats between me and Neville.

The train was loaded up around 11:30. The whistle blew the train jerked forwards and began its journey back to London. The Scottish countryside went past in a blur – thee floor of our carriage being covered in wrappers.

"Anything from the trolley dears? "She asked and I stood up and getting nine galleons from my purse.
"Could I have a bag of droobles," I asked,
She nods, taking the money from my hands and in return, she passed me over the bag – the content knocking together as I turned it over in my hand.
The sun started to set as we passed Newark-on-Trent. Hadleigh had fallen asleep on Dean's shoulder as Dean shared out the card for a plain game of snap.
Down the aisle of the train, I rolled the ball so Driz could get some exercise – Blaise looked through the glass dividers every time she rushed past.

The notable archways to the entrance of king's cross came into view, yawning awake – Hadleigh stretched her arms out.
Pulling our bags from the overhead racks, we lined up with some of the other students by the doors until the train stopped.

"Hannah Abbott!"
"Victoria Scamander"

Tori smiled as she pulled her luggage from the pile, she stopped and stood on her tiptoes. She raised her hand before running at a tall man with long ginger hair. He had a leather vest, a dragon tooth in his ear and claw marks on his arms and face.
"Aww young love." Adrian laughed at them," Why do bird suddenly appear."
We laughed as Tori turned to use and raised two fingers in our general direction, the man, Charlie Weasley laughed as he took her trunk and they walked off the platform.