"Tao, finish this up then go get changed. I'll meet you back here in ten minutes," he said.

"Yes duizhang," Tao replied.

Ice King stood up and started walking away, pulling you along.

"Uh, wait! Where are we going?"

"To fix your wound," he answered without even looking at you.

"It's just a small cut. I can fix it –"

"Just follow me," he cut you off and continued to pull you behind him. All eyes were on you as the two of you headed for the exit. You hung your head low in embarrassment.

Way to go, Song Joo Ri.

He turned to the direction of the infirmary. You couldn't keep up with his quick and long strides.

Is he bipolar? He was so gentle a while ago and now he's literally dragging me around.

"Can you slow down a little?" You complained. He finally noticed that you were struggling to keep up with him so he slowed his pace down a little but still kept his grip firm on your wrist. But even with the slower pace you still managed to stumble on your steps. He stopped walking when he felt you stumble behind him.

"I'm okay!" You said. He looked at you uncertainly for a moment. "See?" You said as you stood up.

"What type are you?" He suddenly asked.

"Huh?"

"Your bloodline, what type are you?"

"Oh, my blood. I'm B minus. Why do you ask?" You answered. He looked at you as though you were some alien from outer space, speaking gibberish.

"Uh, what?" You asked.

"Nothing. Let's go," he said and continued walking. This time, he was no longer holding your wrist. Finally the two of you reached the infirmary. He stopped in front of the doctor's office and knocked.

"Come in," a familiar voice answered. Kris opened the door and the both of you came in.

"Oh, what do we have here?" Doctor Jung said as he looked at the two of you in interest.

"She's injured," Kris replied.

"It's still your second day and you already made a visit to the infirmary. What happened to you?" Doctor Jung asked. You showed him your hand. "Let me see...it's just a little cut."

"Yeah, I know. But he dragged me here," you said and pointed at Ice King.

Ice King gave the doctor a look that you couldn't understand.

"Alright. Let's fix that," Doctor Jung said and took a couple of things from a nearby cupboard.

"I'm leaving," Ice King said and gave a quick bow.

"Oh, wait. Uhm, thanks! I believe there's no need for me to be brought here but thanks anyway uhm...Duizhang," you said, remembering what Tao had called him earlier, thinking it was his name.

He gave you a weird look before finally going out.

"Give me your hand," the doctor said. That's when you realized that you still had his handkerchief. You stared back at the door.

I should just give it back when it's dry cleaned.

"Oh, I see," Doctor Jung suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"Teenage love is so exciting."

"What are you talking about," you frowned at him.

"It's okay, no need to be shy. I was like that too when I was your age."

"Ya, I'm not a pervert like you."

"Hey, I told you to keep it a secret," he said.

"So you do admit to being a pervert."

"No, that's not what I meant," he said uneasily but you just scowled at him. "Nevermind," he resigned.

"Doctor, what does it mean when someone asks me what type I am?"

"Well, it means he's hitting on you."

"No! No! Not like that. I meant in monster terms. Something about my blood."

"Oh. It means he's asking you how strong your monster blood is compared to human blood. For example, a monster with no mixture of human blood is called a pureblood. A person with one human parent and one monster parent is called a half. A person born from a half parent and a pure human is called a quarter, and so on," he explained. "Didn't I explain to you before that your father was a quarter which makes you...about an eighth monster?"

You face palmed yourself after hearing his explanation.

"Hey, what's wrong? Does your head hurt again?" The doctor asked.

"So that's what he meant. I'm so stupid!" You muttered in embarrassment.

***

Duizhang and Tao met at the cafeteria exactly ten minutes after.

"How's the girl, duizhang?" Tao asked.

"The Doctor is tending to her wound," Duizhang answered as the both of them went to get food.

"Do you think she's..."

"Human. At first I did. But it's impossible for the school to let humans in here," he answered indifferently.

"But her blood smelled very much like a human's."

"I know. That's why I immediately took her away before something happens," he said as he looked at others in the cafeteria. He was sure he and Tao weren't the only ones who caught the scent of your blood. At the moment, some of the students were still giving him suspicious looks. "She's not fully human. I can smell monster blood from her blood though it's very faint."

"A quarter?"

"No. Lower."

Tao's eyes widened in surprise. "I thought the school does not accept below quarters."

"Yes."

"Then why...I wonder what the chairman was thinking," Tao muttered as they sat at a nearby table.

"I don't know," he answered, as he was also wondering the same thing. "But I could care less, as long as she doesn't cause us any trouble."

"Speaking of which, I think I saw him last night duizhang. The elders are right. He is here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm pretty sure it was him."

"Did you find out who he is?"

"No. I'm sorry but I lost him," Tao answered

"It's fine. We need to be more alert," he said calmly.

"Yes, duizhang."

"He can't hide forever. We will find him soon."