Twists and Confusions

"I swear I think I know you better than this," Cara stopped walking. We were in the middle of the way and the students were rushing to us. "What do you mean?" I asked. Cara pulled me away from the crowd. She did not reply till we reached the quiet space under a big tree near the side of the building.

"You are a stranger to me but since..." The word stranger was like needle pierced to my naive heart. I was lost on her words. Then she asked, "Are you okay, Math Wiz?"

"Math Wiz?" I immediately replied upon her familiar words. "Yeah. From what you did earlier, you're a Math Wiz," Cara continued.

I vividly recall the moments she called me Math Wiz. I can even hear her voice saying those.

"Am I too late Cara?" I inhaled the possibility of crying. She was confused by my question. "Why? For? Uhh, are you okay Kendall?"

I wanted to cry when she spoke my name. I saw her eyes and recalled the old Cara. I saw in her eyes the love she gave me. I am seeing it again. The way she raised her eyebrows and worry for me right now. It was like the old Cara who loved me so much that I did not know what to do.

Because I see hope, I will not give up.

She placed her hand on my shoulders and slight shook it, "Hey, are you really okay?" She placed her hand around my neck, "Hmmm you're not sick so what's wrong?"

I totally stood still letting her hand touch me. I replied, "Cara I-"

"HEEEEYYYYY!!!"

Ian, Rita and Chris were waving outside the familiar car. Rita looked excited to us while Chris was looking at me. Maybe all the shame I experienced that did not leave his head at all. "Caraaaa!!" Chris shouted from the car, "Jump in you two!"

Without informing me, Cara took my hand and ran to the car. Before, I had this bad perception when people hold hands. It's like a symbol of being possessive. Like you want to declare, "I own this person!" But that was before... Cara came. She frequently holds my hand before she confessed. I was fine with it until now. Her amnesia left me vulnerable. I felt weak and unsecured again. So today, I am not okay with her holding me like this.

Because I want her to hold me. I want the feeling that she will not go. The possibility of her completely forgetting me made me realize that I need her so much closer.

"It's nice to see you two," Ian smiled on us. "Come in. We're going on a trip."

Cara looked to them and was excited and confused. She's just so animated. "What trip? Are you too old to forget that Paul will not allow this?" Rita laughed, "We are old enough to inform your guilty mother that you need to relax to recover faster." Why does Paul have to be always in charge of Cara? Since when? I have so much to ask to him.

"Is he mad??" Cara seemed worried on Paul. Why? Were they always this close? "A bit but making you fully recovered is his calling so he was okay and he'll join us," Rita opened the door. "The paradise awaits"

"Whatever," Cara looked on me, "You're coming, right?"

I will usually pass this up but there are many things that already changed. "I have to pack my things first." I asked the gay one that I am oddly comfortable talking with, "How long is this trip?"

Chris, with all the gay tone, quickly answered, "Just two nights darling"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian parked his car and asked me, "Can we buy some water??" Ian then looked to Cara who was noticeably not okay. She was massaging her forehead while looking to my house from the window. "Are you okay Spartan?" Cara did not answer him. She just kept on gazing everywhere like she was seeing something. "Yeah, we should give Cara a drink," I replied.