Vanilla on a Frinight

"Take me to Masa" I commanded. "Sure Ms. Delevingne" Paul plainly replied

It was a half-hour drive around but it's fine since we both love their fried shrimp and wine and I need an answer. Jeez, I can't believe I'm doing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(At Masa)

"So how's the money bank?" I asked while waiting for our food. "There's still enough reserves for your reckless behavior, honey. Enough to bail you from jail somewhere" Mom replied.

"Good to hear that" I continued "But I'm going to take a vacation from all the jails and stuff so...you know, we'd be three times richer"

Our orders arrived and mmmh, my! The smell is good as the food! We had mushroom dobin, Uni Pasta, fried shrimp and of course, cherry wine. I wonder what would it be like when I take her here instead of McDo? Will she be able to eat without sweating the price? I bet Kendall will be shy enough to even look at me.

"Honey, are you okay?" Mom asked, "You seem...normal"

Oh haha I forgot I'm abnormal to her. "I think this" I pointed my almost healed bruise "Rebooted my brain a bit so I'm fine and to add to your worries, I would like to give a rare appreciation for going with me tonight despite your busy schedule" I politely nod. Mom replied, "Well, it's been a long time since you asked me so I might as well take this"

Mom took a bite, chewed and asked, "How's school?" She smiled, "Any ray of hope for passing on time?" I drank my cherry wine and proudly replied, "Oh don't be surprised but I think I'm gonna pass without your help this time."

My Mom looked relieved that her only daughter is going on the right track, finally. I smiled on her satisfaction until she reached for my hand, "Now, what's wrong?" Her face was suddenly like 'Let's cut to the chase'

"Okay" Shit I don't know where to start. "I want to ask something first" I put my spoon and fork, "Can I get rid of Paul?" Mom's face looked serious, "How many times....so what are up to again?"

"Oh Mom I'm not starting World War III or setting White House on fire. I just want my privacy back. I don't like being a baby. People in school are staring like creeps. Besides, I'm not in trouble after the car accident, see?"

Mom did not reply so I added, "Just consider it for your soon-to-be-very-normal daughter, ok?"

Mom sighed, "Okay, I'll think about it. Is that all?"

Shit. Maybe I should not ask? No Cara, you need this for your peace

Okay, here goes nothing.

I inhaled and quickly asked to avoid embarrassment, "How did you know that Dad was the one? How did you know you're in love with him?"

Mom was surprised upon my tone of sincerity. She put her spoon and fork down, "Well that's a surprise. Who's the lucky boy, honey?"

I was quick to cut, "No mom. I asked you first. That's why I'm here"

"Your Dad or my husband?" She asked. "It's offensive you asked that Mom but I'm talking about Charles, my dad" I replied with irritation. When did I even ask about her bastard new husband? "How the hell were you sure that you love him?"

She drank her wine, smiled and answered, "Oh, darling that's a tough question"

"To begin with, I did not know it. Everything just basically caught me up. At first, I thought I was feeling normal, you know a friendship kind normal. But as time progress, I began seeing him in details. His blue eyes, the way he holds his fountain pen, his sweet lavender scent, his crooked smile, the way he speaks, the sway of his hands when walking, the slight curl of his blonde hair near his ears... everything"