A Familiar Stranger

Waking up without her quirky texts and overly excited voice makes me want to sleep again. It's like waking up without teeth. You don't have to face a mirror. You just know you lost it.

And I lost her.

"Morning," I whispered to Snow who was a bit cold so I pulled my blanket for him. I tied my hair and went out of the empty room. As I walk to my couch, I can't believe how messy this place was on that night. Ian and Rita were the ambassadors of PDA world, Chris was almost naked and there's this blond girl who was tripping every five minutes because of her inverted pants. Foods were everywhere, beers spilled on my carpet...

I sat on the couch, "I never thought that would happen in this very neat place." I did not notice that I was staring to television that made Cara sweaty all over. Hahaha! She was so scared that she tried so hard for me not to point it out. I felt sorry for not turning off the television during that paranormal documentary but I can't help not to watch her adorable side.

Focus Kendall. You need to study.

I removed my gaze on the TV and looked to my left, the place I sat with her. That moment was so solemn almost dead silence. I realized how awkward it could have been but it was not. Resting my head on her shoulders. She even rubbed her hands against mine- It was a complete rest for both of us. It was warm.

It was assuring.

Maybe that's why I am smiling this very moment. Cara... what happened to us?

I shook my head and grabbed my Math book. I need to concentrate for the quiz later. Oh wait! Is Cara aware? I took my phone and was ready to text her when my conscious self asked me, "What if she asks how you got her number? What if she sees your name, McDo, in her phone? Can you explain everything to her?"

I put the phone back on the table and opened the book. I whispered, "Focus Kendall" and began to study in a cold Friday morning.

.

.

.

When it was about time, I grabbed my bag ready to leave. Remembering exactly why my bag felt large, I took the purple box out of it. I opened it just to check before leaving when I discovered bunch of rolled, small papers under the gray and red letters. Out of curiosity, I randomly picked among the rolled, secretive papers and unrolled it.

"Good morning. I love you"

Right straight to my heart. Pick another one Kendall.

"What would be good when the rain pours??? Running through it with you"

Don't smile. Exhale. Pick one. Inhale and unroll.

"We could happen Kendall"

I almost broke the drawer just to hide the magical and haunting box. Something in me is bothered. Is bothered the right word? Maybe but what am I bothered for? Why do I feel like my hand or my heart is shaking? Am I afraid or excited? I placed my hand on my chest and was still surprised on how in the world it is possible to have my heart racing like a horse against the west wind when I am here barely taking any steps.

It was confusing for a girl like me. It was more confusing when only one name is on top of all the confusion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rita's POV

"Are you on weeds again?" Ian ridiculously asked me. "Hell no," I hit his arm. He gripped my arm and scolded me, "Don't do that to a driver unless you want to end up like Cara."