Chapter 27 (Edited)

Start from the beginning

“Alright but why did you leave with Derek Bellamont and his posse?” Erik’s father asked. Alexandria shrugged.

“Well I went to find out where Derek Bellamont goes to after the blood bar. He doesn’t just go back to his place. He went to a building with a bunch of other vampires there. They looked like they were guarding something for him.”

“Do you think Liz, Jordan and Tristan are being held there?” I inquired. She shrugged as she played with her blue beaded bracelet.

“It’s possible.” It was enough, even the possibility of them being held captive there made me want to break and see for myself.

“What’s the address? We have to go immediately,” I announced. They all looked at me as if I was crazy. Max White shook his head.

“There is no way we are going in there without figuring out a plan first. We will need to see a layout of the building not to mention find some ways in so we won’t be detected. We can’t just go barging in with nothing figured out,” Erik’s father stated. “We’ll have a look at the building today but we probably won’t do anything for at least a week.” I looked away from Erik’s father because I couldn’t believe he was just going to wait and do nothing while the people I was looking for could be in that building. I stared at Alexandria and she too looked as if she thought not acting on this new information was a good idea.

“Don’t worry,” Erik said. “We’ll get everyone back safely, just not right now.” Yeah right, there was no way I was going to listen to them. I sighed and nodded to make it seem as if I was agreeing. I would just have to find out where the building was and then go and rescue everyone by myself.

“Okay then, so where is this building,” I asked again. I was careful to make sure I appeared normal.

“The building is disguised as a business office. It’s near downtown although it isn’t actually in it. The business’s name is Monte Enterprises, Derek Bellamont owns it.”

“Alright let’s go check it out,” Erik said. Erik’s father nodded and picked up his duffel bag of things in case of emergency.

“I have to go back, its better if I stay close to Derek Bellamont until you guys rescue your friends,” Alexandria explained. “That way I won’t be suspected.”

“I’m not going to go today, I still feel a bit weird after having lost so much blood,” I said and Alexandria looked down at her hands. “I’ll just stay here and rest and you guys can fill me in later.” Erik hesitated but then nodded. I avoided Alexandria’s eyes because they seemed to be scrutinizing me as if she knew I was planning something. I sat down on the sleeping bag and smiled at them, reassuring them that leaving me here alone was a good idea. After a moment they left and I sighed as I started to get everything I needed.

I grabbed some weapons and stuffed them into my jacket. I got looked through my bag until I found my wallet and took that with me too. Lastly I took my phone and put it on silent before sticking it into one of the pockets of my jeans. With one last look around I left. Once outside I hailed a cab and got it to drop me off a few blocks away so hopefully I wouldn’t see Erik and his father. I took a big detour and ended up at the back of the building. I saw a sign that said: Monte Enterprises parking, it was purely for the sake of keeping up their image because it wasn’t a real company the parking lot near the side of the building was empty.

I casually looked around and spotted a few guards standing near the side of the building, a few guards on the roof and a few guards were posted in front of the door at the back of the building. The back of the building however was much less guarded than the front; I guess normally people went through the front so that was why it needed heavier guarding. Now I sort of wished I had included someone in my plan but I was still determined to do what I came here for. I slowly walked up to the guards at the door, appearing as non-threatening as I could.